or Connect

Posts by patsu

It would be encrypted using the fake server's SSL cert.Remember, the security researchers can set these up easily beforehand,
That's the MITM activation server attack.They have to set up a fake activation server to do so when the phone is powered up (to check activation status).It doesn't say other iTunes for Windows usage such as regular logins and music playback are affected. They may or may not be.iPhone/Mac to iCloud servers communication are not affected by this iTunes Win issue.
If these are the exploits, then I think Apple and partners may already know about them a long time.They allow third parties to deactivate locked phones, enabling resale, support servicing, ... with some checks.If they fix these, those third parties will need to find other means.They may not be user data threatening. We'll see.The iTunes for Windows activation server cert check should be fixed though. That one is user facing.
It is possible that there are 2 different hacks. The iTunes for Windows hole only allows limited activation. You need (to steal) the user's ID and password to activate the phone.The bulk activation one may exploit something else. May not be SSL related. It may allow someone to bulk activate any phone without user credentials.In any case, Apple have full info for the mechanisms now. Probably will have a drop soon.There is no proof of user data compromise yet. These sound...
I don't think iOS and Mac are affected.It sounds like iTunes Windows client doesn't check server cert. So the hackers were able to spoof a MITM server to steal credential. Once the credential is stolen this way, they can use it to unlock the right phone.As long as you stick to iOS and Mac, you should be fine. Or rather, don't use iTunes on Windows in the mean time.
http://www.businessinsider.com/workers-riot-at-samsung-factory-in-vietnam-2014-1 Unlike Apple, Samsung own and run the factories themselves. Somewhere on the net, there is an advocacy site on improving Samsung factory condition in China. I found it when the advocacy groups complained about Foxconn and Apple. They mentioned that many workers in Samsung's Chinese factories are not full time. They are just temps, and hence do not enjoy any standard company benefits, or full...
They are not mutually exclusive. Apple can do all the above, and more.Remember Beats run on Android today as well. iCloud may or may not make it there.
If the relationship is serious, both of them will have obligations to keep their new act reasonably clean. Then let's see how long they last.There may be strings and schedules attached.
... Which is probably why Apple may name the 2 execs Beats staff, but as advisors to Tim Cook. The new report may be inaccurate. It's likely details being worked on.
*shrug* Whatever it is. People are talking about Apple today. :-) I don't usually post here too, but today I contributed 20+ posts ?