or Connect

Posts by patsu

If the deal goes through, I will take one for the team to sign up and report back.
If Beats h/w are mediocre, then Apple won't sell them. ^_^OTOH, the acquisition can improve Beats' implementation. It doesn't have to be always negative direction.If Iovine is good, then Apple will tie him down enough. Being an advisor doesn't really mean he can run away with Apple unprepared. There will be satisfactory terms from both sides. This is all assuming the rumors are true.
Not at all. Now that I think about it. Eddy Cue may continue to lead iTunes, while Beats lead the all-access streaming service. Both will fight to be the best. Beats may indeed cannibalize iTunes. Besides, it is unclear if iTunes will be available on Android, but Beats is. May (or may not) be a bigger PR mess if Apple takes iTunes to Android.Apple will remain Apple in terms of device and service quality. Beats headphones, if Apple continue to sell them, will use whatever...
Iovine is advisor to Tim Cook, so Cook will have the final say. IMHO, Eddy Cue negotiated with the music execs for iRadio and iTunes. It may be awkward or conflicting for him to negotiate an iTunes killer with the studios. He may not go far enough.After acquisition, Beats negotiation can be hooked up by Iovine with Cook's support.Eddy Cue probably should focus on Maps, CarPlay, web apps, and whatever he's planning next. But that's just me. 3.2b is small number for Apple....
The outcome would be different.Beats is cross platform, and music specific. It is available on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.Apple and iTunes are heavily associated with iOS and Macs, plus some Windows.
Yes, then we are in "violent" agreement.
We may laugh now. But if Beats could market regular headphones for a premium, what can they do when Apple put its build quality and high tech into Beats ? ^_^
No. Don't do yet another buying or recommendation engine Apple. Use human curators.
I actually like the deal. Hoping it will happen. A Facebook friend posted about the Beats streaming service about 2 months back. I liked what I saw and was thinking to myself that Apple should have done iRadio this way. I didn't subscribe because the first sign-up screen asks for my cell number, email and other details. I wasn't ready to commit all these so quickly. If it's Apple, it would be a different story. Was surprised to see the rumor pop up yesterday, but glad...
Moving forward, I suspect Apple will continue to sue other companies that imitate its design too closely. Like Luis Vuitton defending its look from imitators. Besides Samsung, there will be tons of me-toos from China. But it is of course not the only means for Apple to grow. They will continue to innovate in an integrated fashion, as opposed to the old, piece-meal feature-by-feature releases in the traditional cellphone businesses.   If we look at Apple more closely,...