or Connect

Posts by patsu

Of course he has to cite a reason. But it is naive to expect the rep to argue over the details in public.We will see more public statements when things move along behind the scene.As for things going over our head, that's your opinion. I can't help you there.
The rep doesn't have to argue anything. That's not his job, at least not at that point. He only has to issue his statement in terms that laypeople can understand in a short time.The top concern for the ban was SEP abuse all along, as expressed by so many industry players publicly. Hence, public concern.The details will be sort out behind the scene, before they issue more public statements.
It doesn't concern me that you don't see it (I expected it based on your previous posts). As long as Google has agreed to clarify, I am willing to wait for their official policy response. For now, it's like what the Wired article mentioned. Something's changed at their end.This thread is about President Obama's ban anyway.
Nope. It just means It's too early to say whether we agree or not.By the TOS they put out and the response they gave so far, they have gone against their previous stance of Net Neutrality (where Google and I used to agree). It has nothing to do with you and your agreement, or approval.Google is asking for more time to think it through, and explain properly.
It doesn't really matter if you think I get it or not. You have no say in Google's policies especially when you agree with them.The thing is People have raised questions, and pointed out that Google has gone against their previous stance. Google has agreed to clarify when the service is rolled out.
As the Wired article put it, their Net Neutrality stance has weakened to become like the people they fought years ago:"In its response, Google defended its sweeping ban by citing the very ISPs it opposed through the years-long fight for rules that require broadband providers to treat all packets equally."That's going back against their words.Since they have stated that they will clarify when the service is rolled out, we should wait for more info. For now, they have gone...
Read it and it doesn't address the issue. Only case by case.They said they will post more details when the service is rolled out.Perhaps by then, they will consider and finalize our feedback.
Given that this is the first time since a long time ago, and SEP is the central issue highlighted by Apple, Microsoft, Intel, Oracle and others. Yes (this time):http://betanews.com/2013/07/30/microsoft-oracle-and-others-side-with-apple-over-us-iphone-4-ban/
You are "pretty sure" but Google may not be. ^_^It's your own interpretation.I'm pretty sure it's case by case. 8^)People won't express concern if it's clear cut neutral.
Huh what ? Using SEP to ban competition's import is against public interest. The standard bodies adopt these patents because they were (and are) promised to be neutral in principle. If this set a precedence, all standards are potentially threatened.