or Connect

Posts by patsu

There are many kinds of iBeacon. Some last longer battery-wise, but they may have less features. In fact, devices like iPhone and Android phone can be iBeacons too.
I was replying to "how they specifically use it". ^_^Their track record in implementing privacy mechanisms is good enough for me. Their business do not rely on advertising anyway.
They do have control over the app in AppStore. A few apps got delisted because of feedback and complains by users.Why can't I mention malware ? They can use BLE too. If an app abuses iBeacon to invade user privacy, it is a malware.They only honor it now after the lawsuit. Everyone has reluctantly fall in line now after so many years. People had to fight for their...
I think so too. Perhaps Apple should make anti-tracking solutions. Everyone may want one once every little thing starts analyzing us. XD
Why ask me ! Ask Apple yourself.That page has general info.You can also go to Settings > Privacy > Ad tracking to see what apps are gathering your social data. I think you can turn them off but I don't have any ^_^.There are other settings page for checking their logging too.
Google do share info with partners, like financial companies, logistics companies, vendors, ...They also use your data recklessly by allowing random folks to see my son's protected videos on google +, allowing people to email me without my address, showing my photo for advertising purposes by default, and ignoring do-not-track user policies. ... to point out a few.
IBeacon is short range, they won't be able to follow you anywhere.Presumably an app that has access to iBeacon and GPS can be malicious, but Apple has tight controls over app access to data and accessories (camera, mic, MFi devices).Last report says 0.7% malware on iPhone.Over 90% targeting Android. Plus Google ignoring Do-Not-Track, and defended successfully to keep ignoring it.
You can ask them:http://www.apple.com/privacy/
I will buy it tomorrow to check out the implementation. Haven't really thought of using iBeacon this way.
Yes, my sentiment so far, but I am usually more mellow.The automakers may also complain about paying or subsidising Apple, and losing control over the UX. Then again, may be Apple need to carve out some room so that it can innovate without restrictions.Read an article earlier that the car industry takes up to 10 years to plan a platform for safety reason. Apple probably don't have that kind of patience. We will likely see incremental effort as the relationship deepens.