or Connect

Posts by Cyberzombie

Java running Swing fat client is 100% different than Java-plugin-in-a-browser (also running Swing.) The former is 100% in your control. The latter is subject to all the possible hijackings available on the net to inject into it from hidden iframes, etc. It is a disservice to state that it is a security blackhole.
 1Password (and the Password Manager app I use/love on all my iOS/OSX/Win7 devices - DataVault) is more than a password manager. It is a means of providing secure encrypted storage of information.
 http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5818 Any iOS device - not just phones.
 My 17th thought (after a bunch of ooohs and ahhhhs) was that I could see most of it implemented on top of a JVM.
 It also runs - with sync - on Windows and (/shudder) Android. I use DataVault, but will do a compare of features as 1Password is cheap.
Apple lost the jailbrake as DCMA issue in court.
Samsung already has a 4k TV. Apple has an experience. Skil's possibility gave me goose bumps.
 Did you check if it's available under alternate keyboards?
 Yes. I don't spend time there. I have limited time to divert from my job as a software developer. So I focus on areas that interest me (Apple, the sun, Icelandic volcanoes, thedailywtf) to the exclusion of nearly all (digital) 'trade rags'. The exception being when I actively seek information on a particular item that I'd like to purchase/use/understand. Having reviews here allows me to note it, skip or read.
 At that cost, I'd expect more. Using Dropbox to xfer non-iCloud content sucks. USB would be enough.