or Connect

Posts by Cyberzombie

I wonder if there is recourse for those that specifically left the unlimited plan because of throttling concerns.
 Just being lazy - Apple retail stores is what I meant to type.
I wonder how long the overnight lines will be at iStores?
I could see adding network access point capabilities (given there's CAT5 on it already) or as a repeater. Personally, I'd opt for the access point...
 Dunno if you're fishing me in, but I couldn't let this one pass... .Net is not a language. Java is not horrifically slow. Both the MS and open source camps tend to produce bloated solutions...
 "Though a program be but three lines long,someday it will have to be maintained."                -- The Tao of Programming
Enterprises can be quite gun shy about these things. Much easier to find a "Java" developer than a Groovy developer...the powers that be have forgotten that the good developers can come up to speed quickly in any language (a good programmer can write COBOL in any language).OT: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/ThePerilsofJavaSchools.html
 Only for client side. As a server-side language it is much better than the only other big alternative - .Net. As a Java developer (hoping that Apple releases Swift to open source - better language), I have to load Java on my boxes. I never enable Java for any browsers. If you aren't a software developer, then we are in agreement that Java should never touch your box.
 https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/02/19/great-sim-heist Granted, no telling if the referenced slide is valid, but I lend it credence.
Take the revelation that the world's largest SIM supplier - Gemalto - was hacked by NSA and GCHQ (and had encryption keys stolen). Add in Tim Cook's hardline stance against providing back doors into Apple devices.   IMO, it's a given that the Apple SIM will be shipped with all phones. I wouldn't be surprised if they hard wired it in so you couldn't swap it out...