or Connect

Posts by TD912

I still don't see the reason for this to exist. Even if it did exist, Apple would do something way more elegant than a hacky "split screen mode". Either you'd have an immersive full-screen app experience, or a windowed interface like in OS X. They wouldn't do some half-ass hybrid fullscreen resize and app switching thing like Windows 8, and certainly wouldn't have OS X with a touchscreen or iOS with a mouse/trackpad cursor. People have already tried hybrid Windows/Android...
I don't mind the advertisements and affiliate links, but I do think that AI should be responsible and give a disclaimer or something for full disclosure.
The uninformed conspiracy theorists are already out claiming the government is using this to spy on you and whatnot. The EAS doesn't receive any data, it only sends a broadcasts a signal whenever there's an emergency, like for a tornado or something. It's specifically designed this way so it doesn't clog up the cell towers with data in a real emergency.    It's like when you're listening to the radio and you hear the alert tones for the Emergency Alert System. You...
>Apple's AirPort Express boasts an all-new "mini tower" design I think you're confusing the Express with the Extreme...
Lots of nice new features there, but not too keen on some of the new icons and the frosted look of "Control Center".
FYI, Brian Klug is a knowledgeable guy that writes for AnandTech. Don't confuse him with the developer that started this stupid rumor. He's the same guy that's been posting patches that supposidly make your phone's 3G/4G speeds a little faster, but it also kills battery life. Instead of apologizing or updating his article, the developer just deleted his blog post...
Looks like they're also using different test servers. One says Pima, AZ and the other says Phoenix, AZ. There's a lot more variables to connection speed than a simple speed test, or even just looking through obscure plist files.
I'm pretty sure Apple also has a policy on that too. A while ago, I bought a then brand-new 3rd gen iPod touch from Amazon, I turned it on for the first time, and saw it had a intermittently dead pixel. I bought it to a nearby Apple store. Because I had it for less than 14 days, they replaced it with a brand new one, not a refurb.
I'm not sure why everybody's calling it some sort of "security authentication chip." It started when some random guy decided to pry apart the cable, saw a chip in there, and assumed it was some kind of DRM chip.   It's an active cable, just like Thunderbolt. Instead of having 30 pins that are rarely used and take up extra space, Apple moved some circuitry outside of the device and now has 9 pins that that auto-configure themselves and can do multiple things based on...
Seems like the iPad mini is the new Verizon iPhone. I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm not talking about those alleged leaked cases from China.   From the iPhone keynote a few weeks ago, Apple's already aware of the hundreds of generic Android tablets that flooded the market and failed, so if there actually is an "iPad mini" being made, Apple's going to need to show how the new model is useful by itself and isn't just a scaled down iPad. Just like how the iPad...