or Connect

Posts by chabig

No. I said it works when you raise it to your head, like you are making a phone call (you know...next to your ear). The AI post says it is supposed to work when you raise it to your mouth. It's not the same.
It's easy. The software switch was programmed in and it was probably turned on using some kind of push message from Apple.
It didn't work because that's not how it's supposed to work. It activates when you raise the phone to your HEAD like you are making a phone call. It uses the accelerometers and proximity sensors to detect that it has been placed against your head, not held in front of you face. Against the head is, by the way, the best position for the noise canceling to work.
Maybe you missed the news. Apple just released a new iPhone two weeks ago. It's selling extremely well.
Samsung infringes everywhere. Litigation continues. It just takes time.
If by "open air" you mean holding the phone in front of you, then I agree a headset is better. Rather than holding the phone in front of your mouth, though, it's much much better to hold it to your head just like you are making a phone call. It'll handle the most noisy environments when you use it this way.
Did Apple say this somewhere? The background noise reduction works best when you hold the phone to your head, not with a headset. It works because there are two microphones on the phone, one on top and one on the bottom. They both hear the same background noise, but the microphone on the bottom hears you voice a lot better. So the signal processing subtracts the top waveform from the bottom waveform--the noise cancels out and your voice is left. Headsets can't do this.
You have quite a sense of entitlement, and no sense of responsibility. If you drop it, it's your fault.
Ignoring your personal insults, don't you think customers have been wanting coverage for accidental damage? I do. This is going to make a lot of people very happy.
I don't see any problem with it, and I'm curious why you would. It's a replacement for a used phone. The replacement phone is going to look and feel brand new. It will have been tested over and above a new phone. And it will be warranted the same as a new phone.