or Connect

Posts by chabig

The analyst (Munster) was quoted in the article saying that Apple activated 29 million iOS devices in June alone. June has 30 days. That's almost 1 million per day...still well ahead of Android. (Edit: I now think the quote was wrong and he meant the June quarter.)
What a strange thing to say, as though all of the applications we have today will suddenly break.
...because the 7" wannabe iPads are such runaway hits?
Until you leave your cellular coverage area, or want to listen to the same song more than once and have to re-stream it each time.
A spoiled child that doesn't want his stuff stolen.
And they should also design and build worse products, so their competitors don't have to work so hard.
They're not caps if you can keep buying more. A better word is "tiered" or "pay-as-you-go".
I don't really agree. Apple's not bribing people for $560,000. A more accurate way to think about it is that lobbying is the same as Public Relations and/or Marketing, but the audience is politicians not customers or journalists.
A cap means you're cut off when you reach it. None of the carriers have caps. They do charge in tiered amounts, which is not a cap. Just because a restaurant charges for individual items doesn't mean the amount you can eat is limited or capped. You simply pay for what you order. The data plans are the same.
This isn't the place for personal insults. Stop that. That said, I know AT&T doesn't have download caps, and I don't think the others do either. At AT&T you pay for the data you use, but you can use as much as you want without limit.