or Connect

Posts by chabig

As a backup device, the Time Capsule drive can fail and you haven't lost any data because it's still on your Mac. You replace the TC drive, and off you go.
Airport Extreme does not support Time Machine. As for Time Capsule, I guess some fail and some don't. But why do you say it's not upgradeable? Apple has updated the software several times, and you can easily swap the hard drive.
He did seem to say that, but the TC is *not* a cable modem. There are too many different ways people connect to the internet. That's why the Apple products just stick to ethernet for the physical connection. Adding extra hardware in there would only benefit a few, but cost everyone.
For me, a USB drive is fast enough.
$29.99 plus tax, actually.
It's no big deal. It takes a day or two to get used to it. If you can't or don't want to, you can change it in System Prefs.
Instead of switching it back immediately, try the new way. It took me about a day to get used to it.
I find macupdate.com is the easiest way to find stuff.
it'll be resumable. The technology to resume has been around a while.
No. But each use has their own account, right? They should. You can already authorize multiple iTunes accounts simultaneously. Log out of one account (iTunes store > click on account name > sign out). The account stays authorized even though you are logged out. Then authorize the other accounts the same way. They'll all stay authorized.