or Connect

Posts by chabig

I've never understood why people confuse those two, when there are so many phonetically similar words. It's pretty clear what the two 'o's sound like: moose goose caboose
You boot from your backup.
The free upgrade usually applies after the OS has been announced but before it ships. You need to wait until after WWDC at least to learn the answer to your question.
I'm not bothered at all. I can plug my iPhone in, walk away for 5-10 minutes without suffering any withdrawal symptoms.
I believe Lion creates a rescue partition on your hard drive from which you can boot to repair the main partition and/or redownload the OS if necessary.
For $9.99 they would make great coasters.
Obviously it's your castle in the sky (the clouds).
Tracked and logged, yes. But not shared with Apple.And if you're worried about that, you should see what information your credit card company knows about you! They keep a record of every purchase you make.And you phone company logs every phone call!And your bank knows how much money you have!And your grocery store knows what kind of food you buy, and your HOA probably knows when you enter and exit the gate, and your postman knows who sends you mail, and so on...So your...
I think Windows is the opposite of flat. Windows screams out "LOOK AT ME!" The Mac has always been more subtle. It stays out of the way so I can pay attention to my content.
So Amazon is very clever. It's not a Kindle with ads...it's a Kindle with special offers.