or Connect

Posts by chabig

And while we're at it, let's leave networking to dedicated 3COM cards, and let's bring back the dedicated clock chip, and serial interface boards. Come on, things have always been getting more integrated. There is every reason to put good graphics on board the CPU die. Yes, Intel has lagged badly in graphics performance, but they're catching up. These are the first GPUs to really rival discrete chips.
My 13" MBP drives the 27" Cinema Display very well. I'm not sure how it could be better.
I doubt that the number of professional gamers in the world is very large.
Obviously Samsung is paying for the by-name recommendation.
I think the main reasons are size, cooling, and power consumption--not cost. Haswell's integrated GPU doubles the performance of Ivy Bridge, which is already good enough to run OS X. Apple is more likely to eliminate the discrete GPU on the 15" model than they are to add one to the 13". Remember that in the old days, floating point math was done by a discrete component, as was memory management. Nowadays those features are built into the CPU. The future brings more...
I'd downrate this comment if the system permitted.
Or if iPhones and iPads could print...oh wait, they can!
I think Apple is working on something that will amaze. Even a company of Apple's size has limitations on its resources. Lack of recent product updates might mean they are all working something else. 
Thank you for commenting on something that has absolutely nothing to do with this article. By the way, Apple does let you re-download your media.
Not mine.