or Connect

Posts by chabig

Congress just like to grandstand. They enjoy hauling citizens before their public tribunals. Those people in the capital are moving further away from being representatives of the people every day, and turning themselves into performers and panderers.
Mine's already on too. It started about two weeks ago.
Thinking long term (a few years rather than a few months), a rational person would expect the move to the spaceship campus to disrupt operations. Perhaps the recent drought of Apple announcements is because they're working extra hard behind the scenes to "prime the pump" with products that can be produced and sold while the quite sizable staff moves into the new headquarters.
I can absolutely vouch for the accuracy of this statement.
It's simple. You make a product for $1 and sell it for $1.50, netting $.50. Now government steps in and demands $.50 tax from each sale. Your profit is wiped out, so you raise the price to $2.00. Guess who pays? The consumer.
"The time is definitely right for BBM to become a multi-platform mobile service," Andrew Bocking, executive vice president of Software Product Management and Ecosystem at BlackBerry said in a press release. "BBM has always been one of the most engaging services for BlackBerry customers. Unfortunately, with so few of them remaining, we were forced to open BBM to iOS and Android users as a last ditch attempt to survive. We're all praying that it works. Please let it work....
So you can't tell the difference between data speed on your local computer and data speed when you're wireless away from home? I noticed a difference upon moving from a hard drive to an SSD. And I certainly can tell when I'm mobile. Imagine if there were no difference.
But the internet has a memory, and people will read this post in the future, when version os OS X later than 10.8.3 will exist.
And while we're at it, let's leave networking to dedicated 3COM cards, and let's bring back the dedicated clock chip, and serial interface boards. Come on, things have always been getting more integrated. There is every reason to put good graphics on board the CPU die. Yes, Intel has lagged badly in graphics performance, but they're catching up. These are the first GPUs to really rival discrete chips.
My 13" MBP drives the 27" Cinema Display very well. I'm not sure how it could be better.