or Connect

Posts by kwondo

Yes... I purchased an Airport Express. All seem to be working correctly during the setup stage. My computer recognized the AExpress and then also indicated that there is an update. I downloaded the update within the Airport Utility interface. Install to AExpress was fine but then I received a notice stating that there was an error during the updating process but gave no remedy. I reset the AExpress and the computer recognizes it but now refuses to be able to administer...
I do not have the A. Express because it would slow down my network from "n" to "g" speed. I do have to say that "g" speed most likely will not affect your internet speed but rather affect wireless data transfer speed between computers if you happen to use it that way ( which I do).
I was shocked to see Google hit $700.00 today because I was looking at their stocks several months ago where it was around $400.00. I should have bought some but didn't. That got me thinking about the company itself and where it is headed. I thought that their upbeat market price was driven by this morning's headline where they will be announcing their attack on FACEBOOK. It was a complete surprise that all throughout today's financial news channels that none mentioned...
This may sound very elementary but did you empty teh trash as opposed to "delete to trash"? Just a thought...
Aplenub, I read AI daily and have been a member for a long time. I have been following these threads and I "jumped" in because I did read through and seem that there are misunderstood comments... As for your comment of wired for wired people and wireless for wireless, the thing is that draft-n brings fast enough speed to utilize 1000-T connection. Almost all wireless components have wires (such as the power cord or eth. cable, adaptors, USB cable). My want is to minimize...
There seems to be two groups of people here...the group that says they don't see the need for 1000-T Ethernet and those that already NEED it (me in this group). Gb ethernet has nothing to do with how fast your DSL, cable modem, or FIOS connection is, yet the argument for not needing Gb ethernet stem from people thinking that it does...I am making an educated guess that the group that don't see the need are recent mac owners and new mac owners who only have single...
I'm side tracking but wondering if this is possible...When I do get my 802.11n GB ethernet router, I want to keep that router at "n" setting w/ WPA2 for maximum wireless data transfer bewteen desktop mac and the MBP (both 1000T). I have an old G3 Pismo that's still trucking along on Tiger OS. The problem is that it's airport card only support 802.11 a and b and WEP. Would you think it would work if I connect 802.11n router to my DSL, have the older Netgear 802.11a,b,g...
I just installed the "AirPort Extreme Update 2007-001" this morning with a high expectation that this was the enabler that Apple would have been shipping with the Airport Extreme base station. After the install the only thing I noticed (MBP C2D 2.33 15") was Airport Card firmware from 1.0.27p3 to 1.0.46. Anyone have further info? I was hoping to have 802.11n enabled so that I can run out to purchase Netgear-854 router. Gotta wait!
When I purchase my MBP 2.33 in Nov. 2006 I thought that 802.11 draft n was already active, at least that was the appearance having read the product description for the MBP. I only realized last night that after reading further on the googled search regarding Apple's Airport Extreme draft n Base Station that the software will be include to ENABLE the current crop of Intel Core (2) Duos. I was quite disappointed to realize that my current D-Link 625 draft N router is not...
I forgot to mention...anyone planning on purchasing MBP with 3 GB ram, it is actually cheaper to purchase it from Apple as it is $575.00 vs other vendors at around $615.00 and up.