or Connect

Posts by Baka-Dubbs

Appleinsider is a news/rumors site, I am not(wasn't sure if you were aware).  Comparing a persons comment on a forum to an article on news site is rediculous.    All i am saying is that for something that is really easy to find, consult google.  If it is some statistic/quote/etc where the detail is important, then provide a link.  Otherwise, the person asking for the link is being lazy.
  Yes, because I am currently writing a dissertation that includes a detailed cost benefit analaysis of the Ad supported kindle vs the ad free kinde...  Oh wait, Im not doing that, I am posting in a forum.  But your right, I guess going forward we need to implement a quotation system for AI.  My preferred method is footnotes, but maybe AI will implement a standard citation system...
  This whole "link?" trend really needs to stop.  Its not like I am quoting some crazy statistic.  If you want a link, here is what you do.    1.  Go to google, or bing, or yahoo, or altavista(are they even around anymore) 2.  Type in Kindle fire HD remove advertising 3.  Hit Go, Search, Bing, or whatever search button terminology the site uses 4.  Bunch of links magically appear.    Since that is too difficult and I obviously love to make up stuff that could very easily...
Its already been confirmed that the advertising can be removed on these new kindles, so it really isn't a big deal...
  Look, I am not saying apple is guilty, I am saying that it was what this case is about.  The presence of individual agreements doesn't preclude the possibility of collusion.  Obviously the DOJ thinks they have a strong case, and the fact that a few of the publishers have already settled should probably be a concern for apple.  You keep talking Amazon tax, but once again this tax didn't even exist under the wholesale model, it came with the switch to agency agreements....
  Once again you seem to be missing the point.  The case is that these 5 publishers and Apple colluded to change the pricing method and it appears to have had a negative effect on the consumer.  This case is about collusion, not about laws specific to a subsection of books released.  As for pricing, all you had to do was click on an earlier link(posted by someone else) to see your wrong about the percentage of money amazon keeps, they have multiple publishing options. You...

Funny, I am an avid reader and will probably go through more books this year than you will in your lifetime(Im being generous in assuming you have picked up a book before).  You do realize (most)paperbacks on amazon are buy 3 get the 4th free?  So essentially there is another 25% discount, on top of the already cheaper price.  What I am saying is that your using paperback books as your arguing point when the point was new release books is invalid.  Instead of ignoring...
    Way to cherry pick your example.  You pulled the top 3 books, which just happen to be paperback books.  So yeah, you can get paperback books at 9.99 currently(or get the physical copies cheaper on amzon.  Why don't you try looking up the hardcover prices and try again, since it is the pricing of new release hardbacks that people are worried about, not the 50 shades of grey trilogy.
Really the most exciting part of the announcement was the downloadable maps, not the 3d feature.