or Connect

Posts by Baka-Dubbs

Really the most exciting part of the announcement was the downloadable maps, not the 3d feature.
    Apparently you are not a car guy, or you would realize the BMW is without a doubt the best comparison.  Suberb engineering, incredible attention to detail, highly refined and great performance are all thoughts that come to mind when I think of BMW and Apple.  Ferrari I think more insane performance, but not reliable, not practicle and not affordable.  Apple, like BMW, is on the high end of the(relatively) affordable spectrum, with products that can range into the...
1)Intel tablets will use ULV i3 and i5's or possibly an Atom, so they will run legacy apps fine. ARM will never run them. Downside is they may require active cooling on the intel solution 2)There are some OS level changes to improve touch recognition(a pointer shows up above your finger for fine detail in old apps), but it will never be ideal 3)Intel will not have ARM level battery life anytime soon, but 4-6 hours on intel might happen 4) probably never, as they will...
This. Ive been playing around with windows 8 on an old desktop and while there are some positives, I mainly stick to the old school desktop when trying to do anything substantial. Unfortunately I don't have a touchscreen to try it out on, but I think it is a mistake to force a touchscreen interface on a desktop device. I think they would be better served to allow apps to have one install that works as both a desktop app and then maybe a simplified metro app, but it...
Lets be fair, the CPU wasn't going to be the limiting factor, so they just cranked up the GPU to accomodate all those extra pixels, which was definetly needed. The 1GB was also needed with the larger app sizes that we will be seeing with the new screen and is a very welcome upgrade. And really, the camera is something I just don't care about on a tablet. The screen is the selling point on this thing and rest of the upgrades seemed to focus on enhancing the experience...
I remember when Stardust came out and the trailers looked terrible. I absolutely loved the book and couldn't believe they ruined it so completely. Then I actually watched the movie and amazingly enough I loved it. So instead of relying on watching the trailers and saying "this movie is terrible, its not worthy of SJ", how but we give it a chance. It has a great pedigree(author and director both), and the early buzz is overwhelmingly positive. Don't get me wrong, I...
Its not a competition.... I am happy to see both companies striving to reduce the energy costs of their server farms and sourcing more and more green energy. When you quote Google's numbers, some of that renewable is purchased from the utilities, not generated themselves. We don't know if Apple is purchasing energy from renewable utitilites, we just know they are building a large solar array which is really great to see. I think it is interesting to see how companies are...
I really don't think it has many similarities at all. The prior issue was simply a file on your phone that was storing location data, I don't think third parties really had access to it. This is all your contact information loaded onto a third party server without your permission.
You do realize that any modern tv can do exactly what you describe(minus itunes). And apple already sells a little box for $99 that you can hook up to your tv(and replace as needed). So why would apple enter this highly competitive market without some killer feature or new way of providing content? It has to be more than just a tv with apps, as this is already available from many different providers at cut rate prices.
This right here is what is wrong with the internet. Why the need for personal attacks, are you that insecure about yourself or your station in life?