or Connect

Posts by Baka-Dubbs

This right here is what is wrong with the internet. Why the need for personal attacks, are you that insecure about yourself or your station in life?
I have actually had nothing but good experiences with Best Buy employees, its Best Buy corporate policy that I find to be distastfull. You have no idea how infuriated I get when I see the head to head comparison of a Monster HDMI cable vs a cheap 20 year composite cable. OMG a hdmi cable can beat the old RCA jacks, I'm shocked. Then I hear the salesperson say "this is the reason you need a $100.00 hdmi cable to run a signal 6 feet". Really?? If I am in the store I...
I think as long as FCP 7 is still serving peoples needs and they can still get new licenses, rampant switching won't be an issue. Eventually(maybe a year or so from now) all or most of the major features that were missing will be added, either by apple or by various plug-ins. More importantly, with FCP X being priced resonably, it is in reach of prosumers and possible future professional video editors. Your going to have a generation of kids who are going to have access...
Its kind of sad. If any OS should be competing with iOS right now, its webos. Fantastic software that was unfortunately paired with terrible hardware and a unfortunate carrier deal. I still miss my bubble notifications and multitasking cards. So many excellent UI designs. I know I will probably get flamed for even bring up webOS in the same sentence as iOS, but it really was such a well designed little OS. I'll be interested to see where Jon lands, and as others have...
Sadly, the example only came to mind because I had a 1st gen PS3 with backward compatibilty and I won a slim in a raffle drawing at work. The slim was taken to the store and replaced with an xbox. Maybe using that as an example was not the best choice...
The problem is if you read much in these forums that is a question asked often even if there has not been a single report issued(that I have seen) that suggests this is the case. It would be like if sony announcing they sold x number of PS3's and me asking "Well, I wonder how many of those were returned for Xbox 360's" with no report or signs indicating that this was a frequent occurance.
I honestly don't get why everyone thinks this is the case, especially looking at user reviews on amazon. I didn't buy my kindle fire expecting it to be an ipad, I bought my kindle fire because of my past experience with Amazon and their kindle lineup. It is a content consumption device, and a rather good one at that. Its great for books, watching movies, playing little games, etc. The iPad is a better product, yet I use the kindle fire more. The form factor just works...
Actually, in the very same press release, it was stated that the Fire was the best seller of the kindle lineup. Between the Fire, DX, Touch and regular kindle, lets assume at a minimum it had 25% of the sales(my guess is that it is somewhere between 30-50% as the DX is not a high volume unit, big range but I am not an "expert analyst). So they are selling over a million kindles a week, and the biggest seller was the fire. The fire sold somewhere in the range of 250,000...
You don't get it, some people here think we are playing by Highlander rules, for one to be a success all others must die. Apparently making billions but missing projections by a little bit means DOOOOOOMMMM. *And now I am singing the "I am immortal" song to myself, stupid highlander.
I would have absolutely loved this in school. I remember paying $140.00 for a new chemistry book, and then when I went to the bookstore at the end of the semester to get my cash back, I found out they were moving to a new version. If they can get all of the major publishers to start using ibooks and can hold that $15.00 price point that I have read, it will be an amazing service. The ipad would pay for itself. The thing is, it works out well for the publisher too. ...