or Connect

Posts by Baka-Dubbs

Sadly, the example only came to mind because I had a 1st gen PS3 with backward compatibilty and I won a slim in a raffle drawing at work. The slim was taken to the store and replaced with an xbox. Maybe using that as an example was not the best choice...
The problem is if you read much in these forums that is a question asked often even if there has not been a single report issued(that I have seen) that suggests this is the case. It would be like if sony announcing they sold x number of PS3's and me asking "Well, I wonder how many of those were returned for Xbox 360's" with no report or signs indicating that this was a frequent occurance.
I honestly don't get why everyone thinks this is the case, especially looking at user reviews on amazon. I didn't buy my kindle fire expecting it to be an ipad, I bought my kindle fire because of my past experience with Amazon and their kindle lineup. It is a content consumption device, and a rather good one at that. Its great for books, watching movies, playing little games, etc. The iPad is a better product, yet I use the kindle fire more. The form factor just works...
Actually, in the very same press release, it was stated that the Fire was the best seller of the kindle lineup. Between the Fire, DX, Touch and regular kindle, lets assume at a minimum it had 25% of the sales(my guess is that it is somewhere between 30-50% as the DX is not a high volume unit, big range but I am not an "expert analyst). So they are selling over a million kindles a week, and the biggest seller was the fire. The fire sold somewhere in the range of 250,000...
You don't get it, some people here think we are playing by Highlander rules, for one to be a success all others must die. Apparently making billions but missing projections by a little bit means DOOOOOOMMMM. *And now I am singing the "I am immortal" song to myself, stupid highlander.
I would have absolutely loved this in school. I remember paying $140.00 for a new chemistry book, and then when I went to the bookstore at the end of the semester to get my cash back, I found out they were moving to a new version. If they can get all of the major publishers to start using ibooks and can hold that $15.00 price point that I have read, it will be an amazing service. The ipad would pay for itself. The thing is, it works out well for the publisher too. ...
So, I use my iPad to log in to my work email when I am not in the office(I don't like using my phone for this as I absolutley hate the constant stream of notifications). Its great to not have to log in on my desktop through citrix for little things. But other than that, I am at a loss on how I would use it. Don't get me wrong, I can see plenty of uses for it, especially mobile purchasing, invoice viewer/signing(with custom software from the company) etc. I am just...
Not sure why all the Kindle Fire hate. I own both a first gen ipad and a Fire and I can say with no doubt that the ipad is a better device. But the fire isn't terrible like most people who have never used one will have you believe(especially if you already have a lot of amazon content and are a prime member). But the main thing its left me thinking is that there is most definetly a market for a 7 in tablet. It really is easier to stow(fits in my jacket pocket) so I...
Well, looks like my 1st gen ipad is going to be getting a 3G friend!
We do have the cable card slots in tv's, but its vary rare for a tv to have them, and even more rare for the cable companys to actually get you one(and heaven forbid if you want a dual tuner setup and want two cards for one set). Thats why i am excited by the RVU standard. I am planning a switch to Directv(satellite), and planning on getting their 5 tuner dvr that supports RVU. I was planning on buying a samsung that supports RVU that is coming out either this month or...