or Connect

Posts by Baka-Dubbs

I don't see apple dealing with all the major networks working out package bundles and becoming essentially a "cable provider". Generally, Apple enters(or creates) a market when they see an opportunity to do something special. While Apple may make a tv, I doubt it. Its already a absurdly competitive market without large margins. If they do, it will be with a product that does something that no one else is doing. Just adding a tuner to front row is not their style. ...
Couldn't you say the same thing with music? I know there is some pricing flexibility in itunes now, musicians and lables are still restricted on how they price/sell their albums. So why the double policy? Why is it wrong for Amazon to want to offer all books at 9.99, but it was great for apple to price all songs at .99. Unless you want to argue that individual books can be of different value but not individual songs. I prefered itunes when it was .99 for everything,...
Their experiences will vary. I was already an amazon user, and already had a lot of content purchased and in the cloud. So as soon as I logged into the fire, all of my content was there. I just touch the book, it downloads and then I read. Go to the prime section of video and instantly watch content. It is a really simple device and is pretty well laid out. That being said, its not an ipad experience. The browser can be a bit slow, the email client is terrible, the...
I actually went through a similar debate myself(about the nook). The only reason I picked the fire was that I already extensively use amazon for my books and music, and I am an amazon prime member. If that wasn't the case, I would have went with the nook, it has better specs, expandable memory and I like the design better. But you will deal with a more limited market.
Long time reader, first time poster. I read these forums all the time but have thus far refrained from posting, but the rhetoric being used is driving me crazy. So, my question is, where did anyone say that 2 point multi touch is superior to 11 point multi touch? I must have missed that claim. 2 IS multi, but the use of multi is all about context. If i were describing my macbook, it has a dual core processor. Describing my desktop, it has a hexa-core processor. In...