or Connect

Posts by Jwink3101

Okay, I took the plunge and did it anyway not knowing. It turns out that it leaves gfortran alone but messes with other GNU compilers. For whatever reason, gfortran needs one of them (I think gcc). So I had to download and install Xcode4 (free with Lion) and that fixed everything
Hello, I have gone through http://roaringapps.com/ and checked on all of my apps to make sure they will work with Lion. However, they did not have any information about some compilers, most notably, gfortran. I am a graduate student doing computational work so fortran is still (yes, still) the language of choice. gfortran is more of a UNIX program than OS X but I would love any kind of confirmation if it is exists, that I can still use it. More than likely, it still...
Hello, I do not know which program is causing the problem, but Matlab is not playing well with Spaces on my machine and it is driving me crazy. When working on programs, I often have Matlab in one space, my code and terminal in another and my LaTeX report in the third. I switch between them quite often to visualize changes and data. Recently, Matlab started to jump spaces with me and then would not be shown when I call expose or spaces. Matlab itself still works but...
I am attaching a screen shot. This is just the initial screen when you enter field test.
Hello, I discovered that with the iOS 4.2.1 update, my iPhone 4 now gives a lot more information in Field Test mode than it did in 4.1. Does anyone know a good side and/or guide to tell me what I am looking at and how to best interpret the results. This is purely out of curiosity. I did a quick Google search and most things were about how 4.1 gave the limited mode. For those who do not know what I am taling about, dial *3001#12345#* . It must be dialed directly as...
What is your point? Yes, for all we know, there still may be issues but I do not see what you are getting at. I do not know about the bandwidth thing, or if that is even proof of anything, but as far as the proximity sensor is concerned, I am pretty sure they fixed that. I do belive you when you say yours isn't fixed which means that there may be an actual hardware issue on your phone. Take it back to apple. Hopefully it is under warrenty or something. Good luck.
' Would that include audio out from the computer though? Thanks
I have been looking into the Apple TV and I cannot seem to find an answer to my question. I want the Apple TV for two reasons. The first is to stream movies from my computer to the TV (assuming they are the right format, etc). I know it can do that so I am good. The second is to function like an Airport Express with Air Play. I want to stream music from my computer, to the Apple TV, and then to my surround system (through the optical out which I can do). I want to be...
So you are saying that it is an option with my iPhone 4, I just have to get/pay AT&T to enable it?
Hello, This question pertains to the iPhone as well as just about any cell phone out there. Especially smart phones. On my old landline, when I would get a call, the caller ID would display the name and the phone number regardless of whether or not they were in my phone book. But, as early as my very first cell phone, it would only display a name if the person was in your address book. What I do not understand is why, with all the improvements in cell phones, this...