or Connect

Posts by deepkid

This is a late and perhaps not-so-smart chess move on behalf of Universal. The big record labels are a dying breed, much like the huge airlines but aren't reading the writing on the wall. This stand-off will be interesting to observe. Note to big record labels - it isn't 1984 anymore.
Who the heck owns a cell phone and isn't *already* camped out near an outlet? And i have the original iPod and a 3rd gen. I bought my 3rd gen early in '04 and I still get 4+hours of use out of it after using it nearly everyday.
I'm on 10.4.9 now, and after 2 restarts iCal alerts still appear to the right side of the screen. I didn't realize that it was a widespread problem until seeing it posted here.
That story was a great read. This David likely doesn't know jack about what Steve's up to for his keynote, but he's been in the belly of the beast for a very long time ... thus providing some great insight. We have 5 more days before the Stevenote, so be careful not to O.D. on every tantalizing little rumor morstle that will be thrown your way.
So far, Wall Street types don't think it's likely that Jobs would be ousted. Just a potentially big hit to the restated earnings and a slap on the wrist.
I guess it's best to wait until Friday to see the full show, but the details emerging seem to make this a bit more complicated than before.
I also got a chill when I read the AI article. I love Apple, but patents in general have gotten out of hand. I don't care how much I love Apple, even they shouldn't have this sort of power over technology (if it's true that they gained control over the patent, it actually holds true weight, yadda yadda).
Isn't/wasn't Palm former Mac people?
HAHA! Now that's funny.
some of you are spoiling the positiviity of this potential act of good will by beetchin like old hags. grow up. and for all of you complaining that apple might not be contributing enough to this ONE particular cause (out of many different charities that ask/receive), how much of YOUR earnings are you willing to give? uh huh. that's what i thought. sometimes i wonder if some of you are so genuinely marinated in bitterness, lack healthy productivity/attention elsewhere...