or Connect

Posts by deepkid

You could always have all of your Apple gear customized. :]
Would be great if they could manage to produce an updated eMac at edu institutional pricing of $599 and $649 for individual edu purchases. $699 for all others, but would be hard to do this with a G5 chip. A G4 model at a lower price point would be attractive to some switchers, but only if it was done with a reasonable profit margin.
I already have the ability to show itunes status/songs in ichat thanks to a 3rd party solution, but hallelujah to tabbed messages! Having a few chats at once takes up so much precious screen real estate.
This is great. Can't wait to see some test results from VaTech. The exclusive offer could be perceived as a sweeter incentive for other institutions mulling a supercomputer made from xserves. At least let's hope so.
If someone did this using the QT controls seen in that Incredibles screen grab, would be fab.
It would be great to have an entire desktop theme based on the look of those QT controls. Apple should at least make the QT player interface in that style... Maybe some third party type is reading this?
Hmmm. Shouldn't the current distributors have seen the handwriting on the wall once Apple acquired Emagic? Also, ProBand is a horrible name to replace Logic. I would bet that a considerable amount of people who have used Logic over the years (self-included) are solo producers/artists. It's a great brand name already. Leave it be.
It seems like the Japanese market is slightly different in several ways. I know that at least on the independent house music scene, the Japanese market is sometimes afforded exclusives on material before it's released to the rest of the world. If this is the case with the smaller labels, there are likely other special privileges afforded major labels in the Japanese market. The question is, will Apple bend to price the singles and albums according to the market there or...
I received one with my refurb 1.6, too. I just kept the plastic wrap around it... but the top of the keyboard is likely to get cruddy. I have a black one here in the office and you can see spilt tea in it.. Still works after about 4 years or so.
Any word on whether Apple will broadcast the Philnote?