or Connect

Posts by Gmac

Pretty cool stuff, so does that mean the fingers don't actually have to touch the screen? I guess that's how Steveo did the gestures to move through the address book when doing the iPhone demo. It was hard to tell if he was actually touching the screen or waving his fingers close to its surface.
People from all walks of life post here. Nit picking on gramar isn't a useful contribution to the discussion. Besides I think you meant to say: Do you know the English language and have you ever heard of the phrase run-on sentence?
Speaking of trademarks, I was sure Steve would have a 'one more thing' today and announce that the Beatles are now on iTunes. I mean there were so many Beatles references throughout the keynote and then the company name changed to Apple Inc. Perhaps something still to be announced shortly>
Read the article! There's already stores in London, Scotland is coming and so is Paris.
It's there already. All the iPods can shuffle songs. And unless you operate the controls, the backlighting on the iPod's display remains off. And that is the bigger consumer of battery life. The display running by itself sans backlight consume next to no power.
Yeah me too. Good price, cool product. Can't wait to get one. One question/comment. I would love it if this device would utilize Wake On LAN so that it can wake up my iMac in my home office when I want to browse pics or music stored on it from iTV in the living room. Otherwise, I'd have to leave the iMac on 24x7.
Not true. I used to do this type of testing (FCC and DOC compatibility) in Canada. The Zune is sitting in an anechoic chamber on a turntable for testing EMI/RFI compatibility. That testing involves having a damn expensive receiver listen to what electrical noise the device emits. All the styrofoam blocks are there to hold the device at different angles to see which angle performs the worst and is the noisiest. In the case of a computer peripheral, it's required that...
From Gizmodo.com: The US Consumer Product Safety Commission just made the Apple battery recall official. It'll affect 1.1 million Sony-made batteries in the US alone. Name of Product: Rechargeable, lithium-ion batteries with cells manufactured by Sony for certain previous iBook G4 and PowerBook G4 notebook computers only. Units: About 1.1 million battery packs (an additional 700,000 battery packs were sold outside the U.S.) Battery Cell Manufacturer: Sony Energy...
The details are not in yet, but CNN is reporting that Apple is recalling 1.1 million laptop batteries.
More like $580 Million. This settlement equates to roughly 2 bucks for every iPod sold. But you're right, they got away pretty cheaply. The patents must have been pretty buttoned up for Apple to agree to $100MM settlement.