or Connect

Posts by bobdylan

this reminds me of when Ballmer had an event right before the apple keynote to promote the HP Slate and a lot of other windows "slates" because the analysts thought apple will call the yet-unreleased iPad .. iSlate. And then that same tablet went on to sell a couple of thousands while Apple sold millions. That event was truly embarassing and perhaps the Samsung event will resemble it.
I believe she truly does understate Ive, like the CNBC interviewer is suggesting in the video from the link. Ive's role as spiritual companion to Jobs and not reporting to anyone at apple (as stated by SJ in his biography) allows Apple to keep the intersection between tech and liberal arts going, with two persons at helm: Cook like a more traditional CEO, and Ive like the design ethos of the company with still no reporting authority above him at the helm. Great thought has...
IpiPhones and iPods are already added:"As noted by leading market analyst Benedict Evans, Apple's combined production of Mac, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices peaked in the December quarter at a level slightly higher than all Windows PCs put together, or essentially equal with all PCs combined with all Windows Phone shipments."
Totally true… So much foresight on behalf of Apple! I remember back in December 2008 when the analysts at the shareholders meeting were asking Steve Jobs why he doesn't do a netbook and he had the famous reply that Apple doesn't know how to do a laptop under $500 that's not crap, he also said something else… He said iPod touch was Apples alternative to netbooks at that date, &nobody saw it coming but iPod touch was really the computer in 2008 and precursor to the iPad...
if anybody has read Steve Jobs' autobiography, you could see that before he came back to Apple from Next, his bud Larry Elison was mulling over doing exactly that, taking it private & giving jobs 25%, but he was against it as he said that he wants to go back to Apple's CEO if Apple wants it and not have it handed over to him... Ironically this is what started the options scandal , because jobs remembered this 25% that he was supposed to have in options and he felt that he...
What I think it's unfair is to add chrome books as computers as their crippled OS lets you do even less than iPad / android (they are essentially a web browser) it's like the juju tablet
good catch ipilya, I was at the Apple store the other day and even though the ipad air wasn't on display yet, I can't help thinking how they could do same thing with Macbook Air 11", as it has a huge rim around the screen.. then we could have macbook 13" in 11" format! that would be truly awesome, as my 13" retina is still a bit too heavy to lug along with a couple of books.
doing more... how about "quality over quantity?" If you look at the amount spent on R&D between Apple and MSFT, somebody may honor us with the number but I believe apple was about 2billion/year and msft much much more... now looking at the major results, MSFT beyond managing to copy Mac OS and the original Word Express and whatever spreadsheet software was ruling in the 80's (maybe Lotus) to build it into their Windoze  + Office empire, not much innovative ground-breaking...
This is an awesome feature for people who still use a 3-4 year old iphone like my mom! Now she could install another app on her non-jailbroken 3G phone which still perfectly works and could easily last her another 2 years. Also I remember a few years back when iPad 2 came out apples website bid people to donate their iPad 1 for schools in underdeveloped countries. Now those kids can install other apps as well Kudos to apple for thinking about this and doing the right thing.
yea, sure, Ballmer.