or Connect

Posts by afrodri

I think "The movie going crowd" – Lawrence and Cooper were in the #1 and #2 biggest domestic grossing films last year.  Lawrence was also in the #9 ranked movie in 2014 and in the #1 & #17 biggest domestic grossing films of 2013. Cooper was also in the #3 ranked film of 2014. While 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and the Hunger Games movies might appeal to a younger crowd, films like 'American Sniper', 'American Hustle', 'Winters Bone' and 'Silver Linings Playbook' have a...
 Click-farms are a problem (I've seen estimates that say 10-20%), though I don't think Google is the one doing them, or at least not directly. I'm not sure which demographic are clicking on ads. I seldom do, but apparently a lot of people do click on them. Similarly, most TV commercials or print ads seem rather pointless, yet companies still pour money into those.  It could just be the way I tend to browse – if I want a specific product I'm more likely to go to a vendor...
 Google AdWords setups offer pay-per-click or pay-per-impression. I think the default and most common is pay-per-click. Lots of people do click on them, hence Google's revenue.
 The final assembly labor costs are fairly small (most estimates are in the $5-10 range per unit). Switching just that part to the US would add tens of dollars to Apple's final cost. However, it probably wouldn't impact shipping all that much – remember most iPhone customers are not in the US anymore. Since Asia is one of the fastest growing markets it may actually _add_ to the shipping costs. And, many parts for the iPhone come from Japan and Korea, so you would have to...
 I'm glad it's working for you, I've run into a lot of the issues that others have reported (primarily not downloading or syncing). Since the app has a 2 1/2 star rating on iTunes, and the apple support page is very active, I suspect I'm not alone.
 I don't think they are directly competing with Apple. The Pebble costs almost half as much at the reported Apple Watch and has a  different feature set. There is some overlap, but I don't think they are going head to head here.
 http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/053014-702871-the-dead-hand-of-crony-capitalism-exposed.htm http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2014/06/02/study-more-harm-good-targeted-business-incentives
 He is a co-defendant (with Apple and the other former A123 employees) in the current suit.
 If the state has to build and maintain the roads, sewer/water, and other facilities to support the Apple plant, and the cost of that is less than the tax revenue of the new employees, then this may be a bad move for the state. Of course, if the added revenue is greater than the cost, it is a win for the state. I'm generally in favor of tax breaks, but a lot of times it is not clear if cities or states really do a sensible cost/benefit analysis or if they are guided by a...
 The other defendants in the suit (the employees who moved to apple) signed non-compete (won't work for a competitor), non-disclosure (won't divulge secrets), and non-solicitation (won't recruit from the old company) agreements. I believe the suit is claiming that Apple motivated them to break all three. Non-compete (and possibly non-solicitation) is hard to enforce in many jurisdictions (e.g. California), but the suit is in Massachusetts, where, presumably, they can be...