or Connect

Posts by slughead

That's the bottom line. I'd also like to add that the X1900 XT in the mac pro is 20 MONTHS OLD. Nice 'flagship machine', Apple.
EFI is not a hardware barrier, it's software. Firmware can be written for almost all video cards out there to make them work with EFI. It's a bitch (just like drivers are a bitch), but that's how it's done--not by hardware modification.You really should use words like 'firmware' and 'drivers' for video cards interchangeably, because they really are just a matter of coding. Apple could write drivers if they wanted to, or at least pay NVidia to. Actually, if they ordered...
WHO'S ESTIMATION? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. OK Maybe at FIRST it was 5 cents, but with economy of scale, that figure is utterly ridiculous. Ok 30 cents per song. 30 minus 5 is 25, and .25 times 3 billion is 750M Do you REALLY think it's taken $750,000,000 to run the iTunes music store? WHO'S ESTIMATION? They already had the infrastructure in place, it was just a matter of getting the content.You price things based on where supply meets demand. Since newer...
They make $.33/song. They've sold 3 Billion songs. That's 1 Billion dollars (probably $100 million to run the store, so $900M Net). How many TV shows, I wonder? And how much do they make off each?Given the above... no. The record companies wanted variable pricing which is USUALLY beneficial to the consumer. They know these songs are offered on other services for less. Luckily, their stubbornness has lead to companies selling mp3s, which is too awesome for...
You are wrong. 256Mp3 is nearly indistinguishable from 256AAC. It certainly isn't distinguishable with human ears, at any rate.128 AAC is probably somewhere around 160mp3 w/vbr. By ANY measure, 128AAC is crap compared to 256Mp3. It is NOT a tie. Just listen on a good sound system (note:not crap computer speakers or car stereo). Most people can tell really easily. I can easily tell between 128AAC and 192Mp3, I'm trained to hear digital sound errors though.Edit: I verified...
And though Amazon MP3 launched with just a third of the total songs, cresting at 2 million versus the 6 million of iTunes, the company was able to claim a greater number unrestricted tracks through a deal with Universal Music Group that saw the label's entire catalog on sale in MP3 format. APPLE GOT 0WN3d!! Wow. Screw itms!
Nobody is equal to anybody else. Nothing you can do will make them equal. I find it funny a lot of people here I siding with Apple even though the case hasn't been proven. Moreover, they would, if it were any other company, side with the disabled. I've pretty much always said the ADA was wrong, simply because I don't believe you should be able to sue if you can't access a business. Doesn't that problem take care of itself? They don't get your money, so that's that,...
Actually, if they did eat themselves into that wheelchair, I'd say they don't deserve any respect. Obesity is A CURABLE DISEASE. All you have to do is not eat so much. Even if your thyroid is one of the killer floating orbs from the Phantasm movies, you STILL wont be a big fatty if you simply stop eating so much. It's a personal choice to be that big (or rather, to do the things that cause it). It's not like you just wake up one day and you're a blimp, either, you have to...
Welcome to America: where laws are written for lawyers, by lawyers.Personally, I'd say if you can't get into a store, don't go... but that's just me trying to impose my silly idea of "personal property rights" on others.The ADA only serves to make these lawsuits more lucrative for the plaintiffs. If it weren't for the ADA, nobody would sue because it's FREAKING OBVIOUS you didn't suffer any real distress by not being able to enter a store.If you have a moral problem with a...
I notice no graphics benchmarks. Gee, I wonder why...