or Connect

Posts by Sabon

If that was true then Apple would make sure that Forstall stuck around. Money talks. If all he wanted was to be CEO and Steve Jobs said no, then he should have left them. Did he think he could muscle his way to CEO? Tim Cook is not soft like he might appear. And I think the thing with Mansfield retiring and coming back has something to do with this. The timing is ... interesting.  
If Apple thought that then they would keep him. 
I think the thing with Forstall is that he rubbed a lot of people too hard and the wrong way. His HUGE ego couldn't fit in a stadium. But then could Steve Job's ego? I think the final straw was Bob Mansfield saying he was retiring. I think that Tim Cook heard things from other top people in Apple saying they were thinking about leaving too if Forstall was going to stay and Mansfield was leaving. Notice the timing of this and when Forstall sold almost all (95%?). I...
"iPod touch viewed as in final stage of product life cycle" Someone needs to stop sniffing glue. Either that or AppleInsider is trying to troll for people to post because their advertisers are not seeing enough hits. There is no way that the iPad Mini will, in ANY way be a sign that the iPod Touch is going to be discontinued. If anything, the price point for the new iPad shows just the opposite. It showed that the Touch is so strong as to let them keep the price of iPad...
It's unlikely to change my wife's and my buying habits when it comes to iPads. I bought the first gen and my wife the second. I then bought the 3rd gen (Retina) and despite the iPad mini coming out she is going to be buying the gen 4, and so on. My wife has said that she has, key word "also" always wanted a smaller one for when we go places and she takes a smaller purse with her. That way she won't have to leave her "big" iPad behind. But she definitely wants the "big"...
I'm another person that is forced to use Windows at work. I only use IE when I ***absolutely*** have to. The rest of the time I use Safari for Windows. When that doesn't work I use Firefox. When that doesn't work I use Chrome. When that doesn't work I use IE. I really don't want to remove Safari from the list. The rest don't have the fonts that I'm very used to and want to keep. Yes I could figure out mostly how to get the same fonts and look in Firefox (or another...
Big deal. I don't allow any of their "stuff" in my house. That goes both hardware and software wise. All I can say is, if she wants her kids to grow up with technology that is 5 years out of date and copies of other companies stuff, fine with me. As for the Gates "feeling the need" to help other people. What a laugh. Bill Gates is buying his place in history just like all the robber barons of the 18th and 19th and 20th centuries. It's nothing more than that. The rest...
My wife and I live in the Seattle area and my wife HATES her iPhone because of AT&T's horrible service. She has been counting down the days until this summer when our two year contract is over. As soon as it is, she is going back to Verizon and taking me along with her. I honestly don't have a problem with that. All we will be losing is cell service. And since she doesn't count as what we have as cell service, she isn't feeling is losing anything other than maybe a...
My favorite one ever, and I still watch it when I need a good laugh, is "Choose a Vista" where PC spins the wheel and gets, "Lose a turn" and Mac says, "Didn't you make this?" It's like when Windows when it crashes and working with a person from Microsoft. "Didn't you make this?" I can help but laugh. He knows about the ad and that I am a Mac person.
Repeat to infinity and beyond. Just say no to Bing. I don't care what other search engine Apple finds. Just say no to Bing or anything else Microsoft wants to call ANY of their products. Do you really want to start pushing those of us who don't like Microsoft to other devices? I don't care if I have a choice to choose something else after Bing is pushed on me. My AT&T contract is up soon and I will have a choice of any phone. I'm not THAT enamored with the...