or Connect

Posts by mjtomlin

Marketshare does not reflect unit numbers and in no way indicates sales are dropping, it just means more people are buying other phones as they are released. Having said that, it is more than likely that sales have dropped somewhat simply because it's no longer "new". iPhone 5s sales have probably dropped as well - the likelihood they're selling as many now as they did when it was new, is slim.
Sorry, but there's nothing in this fireTV that Apple could not have added to the AppleTV two years ago with very little effort. I think Apple's vision for the AppleTV is much grander than most people could ever imagine and the processing power of the A7 SoC will finally enable them to release the device they envisioned years ago.
Here's what I think...   The iPhone 6 will have an A8, but it will still be dual core. I don't care what anyone says, having more than two cores in a device so small is overkill. You only need one for processing and one for user interaction.   The next iPad will have an A8X, and it will be quad core. Once apps start appearing that can take full advantage of the power, then Apple will release an iOS based laptop and desktop (all-in-one).   ​This will happen by the end...
 This is the interwebs, please leave facts and accountability for Fantasy Land.(Most of these people think the truth only exists there anyway.) I had my AppleTV long before my iPad. I always wondered why I bought it at the time? It just sat next to the TV while I waited to find a use for it. Thank god Apple released the iPad when they did, I was about to throw the it out.  My, my. People are so busy and preoccupied with pointing out Apple's "failings" they conveniently...
 Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here? I honestly don't see how that quote has anything to do with iOS or Objective C. It does however directly relate to Apple's iCloud effort, especially iWork. Yes, maybe the "vendor lock-in" statement might fly in the face of iOS, but Apple has always been a strong advocate of HTML5.
 LOL But no. Developers can write apps for Android that can listen for iBeacons (it is just a BLE service), just not as easily as under iOS - Although I do think there are a couple APIs out there to make it easier. The problem is, each app that is listening needs to remain running in the background, whereas with iOS, iBeacon is a system notification service, that can notify apps as they're needed and launch them.   And this is the problem with currently "wasting" time...
 Android is hardly like iOS in terms of ecosystem. First of all, you need a singular platform in order to build a viable ecosystem around and Android is broken into many different platforms that all have unique hardware features and services. You have the "pure" Android experience in Google's Nexus line. Motorola had some very unique hardware features in their Droid line. And although Samsung seems to act like they're "pure" Android, they have many of their own services...
I wouldn't use Google Drive if it came with 100TB of free storage... As if I want them digging through that much of my data?
 I agree that quad-core on a smartphone is overkill and as I posted above I think the next iPhone will stick with a dual-core design and focus on efficiency to increase battery life. Apple's Cyclone core is extremely efficient and fairly powerful. With the next generation we may see customized changes to the ISA to further refine and optimize it. However, I do believe they will go quad-core for the iPad. Why? The iPad has great battery life already. If they can push the...
 True, but Apple could start designing their own x86_64 (AMD64) cores to use in Macs.