or Connect

Posts by mjtomlin

...or have people retain information in their memory that we can't torture out of them.  The only reason they don't want it encrypted is because they want unlawful, unrestricted access to it. Otherwise they could simply get a court order to have me give up my password.
All the speculation seems to be a bit ridiculous... If Apple was surprised by the bankruptcy, then that means everything was still going as planned. If there really were issues, then there would be no reason for Apple to respond.
Who really cares about all of this, crap? It'll pass and all of us who actually own an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus will continue along as we are and always have. And in a month or so, this will all blow over.   So far, THE ONLY people I've actually heard/read complaining are people WHO DO NOT OWN A NEW IPHONE and have bent it using their hands as if that is somehow considered normal!!!   From what I can tell this whole brouhaha started from a single tweet from a real user who's...
 Apple is not in the fabrication business, so it doesn't make sense for them to fabricate their own - the volume just isn't there due to the fact that they update their designs every year and have a limited product line. It's much more cost effective to outsource then it would be to retool their own plants. If the volume or duration of each SoC design increases then, it might make more sense. Samsung can afford to make their own, because they also build chips for others as...
Is your iPhone 6 Plus not fast enough or sturdy enough for you?
OS X and iOS do not have an underlying shell. People need to understand that a shell such as bash is just an application, it serves the same purpose as the "Finder"; an application that gives you access to the "system."
  The console is just a bunch of error messages, it has nothing to with bash or any other shell. "Commands" are just executables and also don't have anything to with shells. The only time you need to run something through the "shell" is if you have a shell script or, actually run the shell in a terminal. When an application needs to run a Unix "command", they can do so through the "exec" APIs, which launches the executable - these are the same APIs any of the shells use to...
  1. So, you're saying it would be better if Apple delayed shipments to all other countries until demand has been met after each rollout?2. Or would it have been better just go worldwide all at once?3. Maybe, just maybe Apple should've waited until they have enough inventory so they could have enough to meet initial demand? Out come... 1. Customers in some countries would have to wait about six months to be able to buy an iPhone 6.2. Customers all over the world would have...
 That's not how it works. X amount are pre-allocated for each country regardless of how many back orders there are. Those are filled as more and more devices roll off the assembly lines. It's better to have actual product to sell when it is released in each country, even if it's not much - it helps drive demand. You were given a ship date before you ordered yours, so it shouldn't matter if devices are being shipped to other countries before you get it.
I don't think most people understand how the this Internet thingy works... It was ONE freaken tweet that every news site and blog reported. Then some asshole on YouTube demoed with his hands no less - because that's what we do with our phones! Then THAT got regurgitated all over the web as well. 1,000 articles does not equal a 1,000 reported problems to Apple. The actual bending that has occurred is so negligible, someone had to flip the phone screen side down on a "flat"...