or Connect

Posts by mjtomlin

They are not owned by Apple - the acquisition is still in progress. And that's not even why people are up in arms about it. It's odd that after all these years of being on the market, Bose has just NOW decided to sue Beats. Timing seems a little peculiar, don't you think? Although I tend to think that Bose is attempting to drag Beats in court before the acquisition finalizes. They might fear that once Apple owns Beats, there won't be such a clear cut path to litigation,...
 They're suing before Beats falls under the Apple umbrella and probably protected from any litigation. Apple has many patents related to noise cancellation (44). By suing now, Beats won't be able to claim any Apple IP.
 I think he's more or less referring to those people that install it thinking everything is going to work, without really understanding what a beta is. Happens all the time. They come on here pissed off that's something's not working the way it did before.
 To be extra, extra safe... after you have everything setup... Boot in to Yosemite and create a simple Text Edit file. Edit it a few times. Then boot back in to Mavericks and make sure Mavericks can not only open it, but also access all the revisions. I only say this, because there's a slight chance that Apple may have updated their document revisions system and it may not be backward compatible with older systems. You could potentially lose all previous versions of a...
 I bit the bullet and finally upgraded vmWare Fusion from v4 to the latest version 6.  In the middle of installing it in virtual machine now. :-)
 I would still make a bootable backup of your system on another external drive, using a utility like CCC. If something catastrophic should go wrong, you could boot off of it and just copy it back onto your internal drive. However if you have an external drive, why not install Yosemite beta on it? But I would definitely NOT use your current Time Machine backup with Yosemite beta.
 Oh okay. That's good to know... SMS was my biggest concern. Thanks!
  Major backups should always be done on a separate drive. Period. If not and the drive crashes, you're hosed. Hard drives or so cheap now, 3TB for ~$100. 1. I assume you only have one Mac and you want to install Yosemite on it?2. Do you already have Time Machine running on your current system?2a. And is that Time Machine backup on an external drive or the internal drive?
 Don't feed into the people on here that assumptions like that - I already got caught up in it yesterday. Some people are more sensitive to certain things than others - and some people just can't grasp that. Having said that, there's probably a way to turn off the translucency... more than likely in the Accessibility System Preferences. When I used the Mavericks beta last year, I remember it had UI glitches as well, but it was still very much usable.
 Okay, thanks! KeyChain not working would've definitely been a deal breaker for me. Good to know it's you and not the OS!