or Connect

Posts by rongold

Rubin seems to be presenting only part of the picture in this Tweet. What he fails to mention is that a great number of these Android activations are being accumulated through unhappy users selling a particular model to somebody else (eBay, Cragslist, etc.) and that Android phone then makes it's way into somebody else's hands to be activated yet again under a different number. This makes for an inflated projection of the number of Android phones. This 500,000 a day...
As a designer, I'm hoping for drawing tablet functionality. But this is more in line with what I expect to actually come about: http://bit.ly/8Fu5yf
And what about it acting as a wifi bridge to provide wake-on-WAN to get that close-to-wireless capability of wirelessly waking my Mac from the internet?
I wonder if this iPhone update will enable two-way syncing of iPhone contacts with the .Mac Address Book — since they just enabled this .Mac service today after weeks of struggling (or whatever they were doing). Was able to test this two-way syncing just now with my desktop machine and it works. Yet another cool addition to .Mac capabilities.
I've added to the original post the possibility of limited two-way syncing of the Address Book of a Mac and the .Mac service. I saw evidence of this last Friday when presented with a pop-up selection giving 3 options. We shall soon see. Now... Applications Automator 2.0 provides a distant feature added to .Mac by having a couple .Mac specific Library items to choose from for automating. * RSS Reader is an iPhone exclusive application that I forgot to mention. It is...
.Mac Improvements Webmail New Preference panel organization and options Multiple account access POP3 compatibility File attachment size bumped up to a 20MB capacity (previously 10MB capacity) Notes viewing * Images from unknown sources are not loaded unless you allow it Quick Reply feature Support for signatures (I THINK this was introduced with that big webmail upgrade 11 months ago) Message previews Message flagging Junk mail filtering New Address Book button in compose...
I may be in a feisty mood but you seem to have missed my point and have chosen to improperly proclaim my statements as incorrect. How ironic. No, the iPhone is not running Leopard as you say. It is running OS X, but not the particular variant called Leopard. Leopard is generation 6 of the desktop version of OS X. OS X is what drives all of Apple's new generation of products: MacBooks, Mac Book Pros, iMacs, Mac minis, Mac Pros, Apple TV, Airport Extreme, iPod Touch and...
Wait, so you're saying that with the release of Leopard, we should not expect any new changes, updates or additions to the iPhone's apps like Mail and Mail syncing or the addition of To-dos in conjunction with Mail? And what about .Mac? Are you also infering that the iPhone will not gain some degree of connectivity to .Mac soon after the release of Leopard? And What about "Back To My Mac"?I think these are all highly probable and do not necessitate the need for Leopard...
Haha. I'd say those are pretty good guesses. But as quick as it seems it may be for disassembly videos, I bet we see them even sooner. Like by 10pm CENTRAL Friday. We might not see a new iPhone model until after Christmas. This first year will capture plenty of customers without any significant hardware upgrades.
Can someone please tell me how people have come to interpret the iPhone's battery life as being up to 5 hours with talktime OR up to 16 hours with music playback? I ask because I have recently been inclined to believe there to be 2 seperate batteries in the phone (ignoring that DIGG podcast from awhile back - though it does serve as additional evidence). In the materials that I have re-read recently, battery life specs could easily be interpreted as two, wholly seperate...