or Connect

Posts by 31 Flavas

Oh, I absolutely agree that password managers are the future. I was just responding to the 'long non-complex password' model/idea/theory whatever you want to call it. There are loads of problems with it. Users will still game the system. Which is why I stated that I agree with it in principle, but not exactly as presented. Long, complex, high entropy passwords that are unique for every website are absolutely the best. Getting people to use password managers and getting...
http://xkcd.com/936/ -- For the quick explaination. Bottom line, I agree with the over all idea. But, not exactly how the comic presents it. When a website enforces complex passwords, but sets the minimum length to 8 characters -- that's all the user will create an 8 character password. Now, don't get me wrong a complex 8 character password is, eh, secure enough. The problem for the average user, though, will be the password paradox. They will have a hard time remembering...
 I got a beta invite and everything sucks and is broken. I'm going on the internet to complain. Hey everyone! I'm here to find people that agree with me. Yosemite beta sucks and is broken.
 Double Standars exist for a reason, you know.
 Pre-owned iPhones also retain almost all of their retail sale price. I don't think you can say the same for pre-owned Android devices, even Sammys S5. They may not want to volunteer their phones. Regardless, it sounded like T-Mobile was game if the phones were offered for the program.
 There is a metal security gate in that picture. i.e. To stop anyone who might want to throw a heavy rock / use a sledge hammer. Hence the reason cars are being used; to break though that security gate. Which is why pylons / bollards (retractable or not) are being suggested to stop the cars.
 Oh you. Co-opting an Apple meme to make a dig at Ballmer, clever girl. Did you see that? Take a look at what I did! See what I just did? ^^^
 Word is listed as #4 grossing app, though. So IAP subs to 365 are obviously happening / being bought.
Got news for you buddy. Amazon Prime was $80 before the Movies and Books were added -- for free. So it's just a convenient argument on your point that you are now "paying" for them. I'm going to believe "increased fuel and transportation costs" way before I believe, the argument that you are now going to make, that this price increase is just a ruse to charge for these e-books and the video service. Free 2-day shipping is either worth $99/year to you or not.
 Heh, just to give you an idea of how variable and how far removed from rationality an individuals (or a groups) description / definition of "flop" can be -- Consider Nintendo's last generation Wii console; some internet "know it all" gamers continue to contend it was a flop. It didn't do HD graphics, or 5.1 audio, and had only a very rudimentary "online" network. Yet it was a "flop" that sold +100 Million consoles (PS1 sold 105 million) and was just shy of 1 billion...