or Connect

Posts by LotharSNL

[QUOTE=Walter Slocombe;1250129] re position the mini as a tivo type machine? yeah seems like a good idea, sling in the BD for backup and it looks interesting, but EXPENSIVE. suddenly you have a machine that ISNT the low cost option for switchers that it should be, plus you get to eat into potential profit by NOT selling an aTV and NOT garnering the profits from rentals or sales. /QUOTE] I agree with what you've said. The concept I was talking about would be a...
I like the low profile of the Mini when used with a TV. My brother uses a mini with his 60" 1080p Vizio, and it looks quite good. With that little bt keyboard, mouse, and the remote w/front row, it makes for a neat setup. He stores his iTunes library with a bunch of movies on his Time Capsule. Mostly, though, he prefers lying on his couch when playing online poker. I've been hoping that Apple might eventually turn the Mini into something like a Apple...
Anyone else see this? http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Co..._10_times_each
The only thing I'd suggest you keep in mind is the potential to use whatever drive you purchase wirelessly. I picked up a Lacie drive that is currently connected via FW800, but whenever Apple gets the wireless support finalized, will be connected to my Airport base station via USB. The only purpose for the drive for me was to allow me to use Time Machine, so I don't particularly care about how fast it is. Hopefully Time Machine will do it's backing up late at night, or...
I've been wondering. Could one purchase the iPhone, and select a pay as you go type plan, and just not use the minutes? If that is an option, along with the unlimited internet, that would be pretty nice. I was also planning on waiting on a 80+gb iPhone, but I think I could enjoy the iPhone for a year, and ebay it down the road. BTW, can this be used as a voip device w/o using cellular?
Know the difference between "capitalism" in a truly free market (which we don't have, just to be clear), and "mercantilism.". Being pro-(fill in the blank - Government program) is primarily anti-freedom. This wasn't supposed to be the priority here. I'd suggest moving to somewhere that it is, but it's pretty clear that people don't understand, or much care about, what freedom is in this country. In a democracy, which we've apparently become, it's not like any U.S....
I remember several different conversations I've listened to while at CompUSA where the salesperson was completely ignorant, or lying, in response to questions regarding Macs. My favorite being that Mac can't use the internet, and even if they could, you can only e-mail other people with Macs. Also the Apple is the only company that releases software for Macs one. I know I am forgetting a few. I am a bit surprised that these sales people, or their managers, aren't...
I bought a PS3 as soon as they hit the shelves the 2nd time. My interest in the video gaming part was limited, but I did want a blu-ray player, and figured that I could replace my PS2, in one nice package (as well as remove the need for the ethernet cable to the PS2) with the 60gb PS3. I've got a couple dozen PS2 games, probably 2 PSX games, and now 4 PS3 games. I've been very happy with it so far, but I am really looking forward to the next version of a couple EA...
I purchased an AppleTV for my grandmother. I am very impressed at how quickly she picked up the navigation, and use. It's a real thrill for her to view photos of her first great-granddaughter when we visit, which we normally do by handing her the laptops. I only mention this because my intention was to allow us to stream pictures to her TV, without being synced. Unfortunately, for the time being it seems, that can't be done (Outside of the main computer, which is...
I am not sure I understand what you guys are talking about. I thought that's what the hard drive, and Front Row, was for. I was under the impression that you'd be able to play content from the Apple TV without a computer around.