or Connect

Posts by LotharSNL

"Pro Pod"? "Pod Pro"? I am still hoping that it's "iPod".
Other then the antenna being faulty, could someone tell me why a Hawking Technology Hi-Gain Omni-Directional 2.4Ghz 7dBi Antenna for Apple Airport Extreme Base Station http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/...=58&ProdID=215 would reduce the signal considerably of my Base Station? The signal is useable, if not great, at about 75' w/o the antenna. I can barely connect w/antenna, and I completely disconnect every 20 seconds or so. By the way, the base station is, and the...
...just iPod (w/phone).
What about a device that would sort of work like a 2nd monitor, but that would replace the keyboard? I am not sure how to describe what I am imagining, but I'll give it a shot. Imagine a keyboard sized 2nd screen that sat in front of you, just as a keyboard. With a resize/minimizable keyboard screen, and the ability to "snap" images from your "primary" monitor to the "keyboard". I imagine some sort of dashboard type effect could also be made use of. Basically a...
If you set your iPod up in what I believe is called "Disk mode", you can put any computer files you wish on the iPod, and transfer them that way. This wouldn't be through iTunes, but by placing a folder full of things to be transfered on the iPod icon on the desktop, as if it were any other external drive. Realize that you have to put a copy of anything you want to transfer in the iPod this way. You can't access (In any way that I know of) the file of any audio,...
I thought that the name "iPod" came from Apple not wanting to label, and limit, what their little drives could be used for. I don't know if that's correct, but it made sense to me if it was the case. I'd rather see them call the next gen iPod an "iPod", and obviously list it's capabilities.. photos, video, audio, etc. Maybe they will want to make a distinction with the first versions of Apple's cell phone/iPod because of the possible compromises the iPod half will...
A friend of mine purchased a MB and a Logitech BT mouse with the usb adapter. I told him that his computer shouldn't need the BT adapter since it's already equipped with it. I tried to get the computer to discover the mouse with no luck. I tried to find instructions on logitech's site but haven't had success there either. Any suggestions?
I am surprised to hear this. The people I know who've wanted to purchase PS3s are completed interested in the BR player, and HDMI, and few, and in some cases, no game titles. I haven't played any PS2 games in quite a long time, with the exception of some occasional Madden, and I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on a PS3 specifically for movies. Oh, and when I first purchased a PS2, part of my rationalizing the price at the time was the fact that I...
Congrats!!
Not that I haven't been know to suffer from the perpetual technology waiting game, but it seems to me that there might be an exponential growth in capabilities these days. It seems like updates, extreme or not, are coming more frequently. I don't know much about Intel's schedule (or anyone else's), but I wonder if the time won't soon come when waiting for a quad-quadcore machine might be worth a wait, despite the fact that there might be an Oct-Octocore machine 6 months...