or Connect

Posts by LotharSNL

White 2.0 worked well for about 3 minutes... It went dark, and never came back on again. Apple said it was "D.O.A.", and now I am waiting another week or so for the replacement.
It seems that we prefer what we are used to (at least as far as we know). I think that adding a feature can't hurt as long as long as the buttons don't start piling up too much. Perhaps Apple feels that there are options with scripts, or some such thing (What is the equivalent to "QuickKeys" these days? Automator?). Perhaps instead of hiding the window when you double click on the top of it (Since the yellow button does the same) it could maximize it. There is likely a...
It's interesting that this issue with the window management had never occurred to me. I can see how someone might get used to a maximize button, though I don't like it much (I am using a 20" iMac, and don't like anything maximized over the whole screen) unless working with a large photo file, or watching video. While using QT, I hit Cmd F, and I get a full screen. Front Row is great. Also, there is the F9 & F10 keys, which I use for eliminating distraction. I have no...
It's frustrating to think that companies use litigation as a strategy to hinder their competition without regard for anything actually owed them. I'm not saying that's going on here... I obviously don't know. If Creative created something that is being used without their permission (and if the reason for the patents is to keep this from happening), they should be able to defend their position. If it turns out that they do have something on Apple here, wouldn't it...
It's interesting to me that, at least on that screen in the above picture, IBM chose the words "Competing processor". Is it the norm for most computer companies to have their processor providers fall short of what they say they can, or will, do? It must be very difficult to decide on a plan for the direction a company should go when there seems to be unreliable information. I know very little about what has happened with Apple, Motorola, IBM, etc.. Personally,...
Anyone want to offer an ETA on the next v?
Thank you. I've wondered if that is the way I should go. It seems a lot of money to spend on such an old piece of equipment. I was hoping one of Belkins usb wifi adapters might work (W/Macs), but I've yet to confirm that any of them do. I am probably going to buy the cheapest usb adapter that will work until the new Apple wifi products come out.
I am trying to get a G4 PMac on a wifi network (Belkin Pre-N wireless base router). Unfortunately the Belkin Pre-N desktop card is not available for Mac. I've read of a third party wireless network adapter, a couple usb devices, etc. Apparently one of the few USB devices I've found gets too hot, apparently..? I considered buying an Airport card from ebay, or one of the similar products.. Thanks for any suggestions!
I am sure that I've read about some of the possibilities, or at least, the preferences, for the next release of MacMini. Excuse me if this has been covered before, but I am not aware of the answers, and was wondering if perhaps anything has changed since the last discussion regarding MacMini release.. Is there a technical reason why Apple couldn't release a MacMini with a RG6 cable input, and a HDMI output? Is there a better, feasible, solution for the obvious...
I have a question.. Is it possible to join a wifi network through an Airport Express? I have a network setup, and would like to join it with a G4 PM. I was hoping I could simply run an ethernet cable from the Airport Express, to the ethernet port on the PM. I was hoping the Airport Express would join the network, and by extension, the PM, as long as it was within range, of course. Anyway, apparently not, unless I've done something incorrect. My current wireless...