or Connect

Posts by LotharSNL

I'm not sure if this would address your concerns, but I've read of a product that mounts to the top of the iPods, and has all the controls across (facing up) it. I assume it was for those who wanted to wear an iPod on their belt in a case, and could have access to the controls on the top. I can't remember what it's called, but if I understand what you're saying, I think something like it my solve that problem.
I have been keeping an eye out on this thread in hopes of discovering a new device, or tech, just around the corner that might be considered the clear best.. When I went to purchase my first wireless router, I was hoping to buy the best one out there, though I didn't know much about the tech, or all it's uses. I was told that Belkin's Pre N router was the best, and have since purchased 4, and am very happy with them. As someone else pointed out, a lot of the...
Not even aware of what all that means, but I am looking forward to finding out!
I appreciate that the use of the phone lines, and your modem, were helpful in that situation, but I don't believe this is the type of scenario Apple was trying to cover. Also, this is Apple's most current laptops. I say this because, with all due respect to the occasions & conditions of the areas traveled that have been discussed, they may not still have so few options, and even if they still do, aren't likely to always be so limited. This product is complemented by...
I was considering video for sale online, and was wondering how strong the market would be. How much could they charge for a single movie? I realize it's illegal to copy movies, but I assume it's done often. My brother has some sort of movie rental deal where he can rent as many movies as he'd like for about $10.00 a month. Unless they were offering around $2.00 per movie, I'm not sure how many takers they would have. Basically, with the average home computer having...
If Apple believes it makes better business sense to go with the sticker, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, then I'd imagine it will. It's not one or the other, but the optimal of all possibilities.
What if the keyboard & trackpad opened away from the screen, and the rest of the computer? Then the "lid" could be as thin as would be needed to support the screen & computer, and incorporate a keyboard. Picture a thinner/smaller iMac with a keyboard hinged at the bottom, closing over the screen. When I look at an iSight camera, I'd be surprised if the camera in the iMac is as good a product. Even more so, I can't imagine the one in the screen, or hypothetical...
This is pathetic. I know several doctors who have quit, being discouraged by clients who come in and ask "How much is this worth?" in regards to their injuries. Must make them very comfortable in treating these parasites. I'm sure Apple has had it's share of less then ethical practices in the past, but in this case, I like Apple, and I want their product. I believe in never negotiating with terrorists, and also giving no one free shots. I hope Apple comes back...
A friend of mine wants to sell his 2 month old 14", superdrive, 512mb ram, iBook for $800.00. At first this seemed to be like a great deal to me, but I've started to wonder if there isn't a new iBook coming out this week. Even if there is, it might still be a pretty good deal. Any news on the latest iBook rev, or possibly G5 PBooks? Please pardon me if this should have been in the Future Hardware.
I followed these instructions, and somehow managed to lose my address book, and email (data) as well as some other things that I don't really care about at the moment. I had dropped the files into the trash w/o deleting them. I didn't expect any surprises, but figured if something did go awry, I could replace the files back in "~/Library/Caches/, where '~' is your home folder". Well, that didn't seem to change anything, which really has me confused. Anyway, at this...