or Connect

Posts by mausz

I doubt Samsung makes 40% gross margin on Apple products... Apple has been known to 'squeeze' its suppliers.
I remember having such a fingerprint reader (the 10.000 BC edition ;) on an HP Pocket PC 5500. Even then it wasn't a large unit.
  The thick version was released (10.1V in europe, vodafone special). The thin version was exactly the same design, only thinner.   So the changes made were mostly on the inside and a thinner backplate.
I would rather see mkv support coming to iOS before this...
  I used a work Nokia C5-00 last year and it went for 2 weeks without problems. Bluetooth was enabled, it did not have WiFi to be fair.
  Did you read my last line ?!?!?   "My reaction was to the remark of copying/cloning the device without adding value, and I gave examples where they did add value to the device."
  As the research was (partially) funded by the ministry and therefor with public money, I would not like to see them benefit by going commercial. Something which happens quite a lot, scientist at universities get funding to develop without financial risk, and when one of them gets success, they leave and develop it commercially.
As my examples where subjective, so is your evaluation of them.   This thread also isn't about the design so I'm not sure what to make of your dismissal of these points. It does give me a deja-vu of a lot of discussions about these topics where the subject switches continually from design issues, software patents, hardware design etc.   My reaction was to the remark of copying/cloning the device without adding value, and I gave examples where they did add value to the...
  Jeff Han's company Perceptive Pixel was bought by Microsoft earlier this year, so it might be part of the cross-licensing deal Microsoft and Apple have already.
  Just read this today : http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/techscience/2012/08/13/8/0601000000AEN20120813001600320F.HTML   I think there is a lot of development going on in the field of batteries (not only for devices but also for electric cars) but it just hasn't paid off yet, or is still not practical.   b.t.w. my link about fast charging comes from south-korea, ironic ? ;)