or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

81 million in attorney fees... I hope this was to be shared by 648 attorneys!
While others have already offered excellent rebuttals to your comment, I'll add my own, likely echoing what others have said. Samsung and others made larger screens at the expense of user experience. They made devices that users had to adapt TO. Sure, people can overlook the usability issues and say "this phone is better for me because I can actually read the text". Did those same people even try an iPhone with a 3.5" screen first, or did they automatically just decide...
 Your sentence in bold is exactly why your comment holds very little authority in my eyes. You don't see how... but for Apple engineers and many, many, many users, the rectangular screen is a far better design to get the most out of a rather expensive wrist-worn computer.  We get it... you want a round Apple watch because it *looks* better to you, and for no other good reason. And that's okay. :)
Interesting.
I agree with this 100%. AppleInsider is being irresponsible by using that wording... "a new form of iOS malware"... as if there are many other forms?
 What can you not do on your non-jailbroken device? How much of that is pegged on the carrier, not the device or operating system? For example, my carrier has allowed tethering since day one (back in 2008), whereas many carriers still don't allow it without an extra charge or a long-term contract. Jailbreaking would get around that for those carriers, I agree.
My point was that there's no reason why YouTube needs to remain the dominant consumer-content platform. Today's it's the go-to place for video content. Tomorrow, it doesn't need to be.
Apple is in a position to completely redefine "television". With the correct wiring in place, the divide between traditional commercial content and consumer-created content can be closed. Imagine a world where "YouTube" is not a separate service, its capabilities are just part of your television like any other content source. Talk about a direct hit to Google where it hurts! Apple could deliver that to the hands and living rooms of millions of people, if they do it right.
Just wondering, are you a glass-half-full kinda person? Because I find those questions rather cynical in nature. It's always better (in my opinion) to believe in the good in people. From the little that I've read, someone that was violated by Dr. Dre, had the accusation heard, he pleaded no contest, settled out of court, has now come forward with that same incident again? Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but if the issue was closed, it should remain closed, not...
Yes, it's about growing wiser. We all make mistakes that we later regret. Do you want someone to hold one of your mistakes against you for the rest of your life, despite your best efforts to live a respectable, healthy life? I feel sorry for Dr. Dre having the past being dug up on him like this. And if he can stay true to him current path, without letting these skeletons mess with his head, then all the more respect for him.