or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Maybe I'm not familiar with the arrangement. Typically, if a company hires a security company, they don't have much say in who does that actual work. They don't interview the individuals like they would when hiring personnel directly. They can't say "we don't want him". That's all I meant by the red tape. Maybe I meant barriers to the ideal staff. :)
Smart move. Then they can fire anyone that doesn't meet their standards. No red tape in the way, and the potential for more secrecy control. Hard to do that when there's an intermediate company in the way managing the staff.
iOS 8 runs slower because it's doing much more. More features, more libraries to load, required support for more devices and now-larger displays.This story is pretty telling that Apple has planned their software and hardware platforms more thoroughly. Egg on Google's face.
You have that backwards. The Yellow Path requires _more_ verification than the Green Path, but some banks haven't yet implemented sufficient checks on the Yellow Path, so they are basically operating the Yellow Path as a semi-Green Path, making it easy for authentication to be completed with minimal verification.
Great use of verbs in the write-ups, too. - "create" - "make" - "can add" - "can help"   Really helps to illustrate that the iPhone is a tool fr passionate creation, not just consumption.
119,000 vs 27,000 is a huge gap. I do think it needs to be closed, but maybe the secret is lowering the high tech wages. Seriously, who needs $10k every month to have a nice life?
Great! Now I want a sub! Thanks AI, you just had to go and post this article, didn't you? :P
China needs to be launched off to become their own planet. That would solve all of these problems.
Yup, they did that with Google Apps – the online suite of Gmail, Docs, Calendar etc. geared towards business – offering a "free" version, and then a couple of years ago they took that away. This would have resulted in some existing users "upgrading" to the paid version (yet getting nothing extra), taking on new paid users, or leading to users switching providers entirely (which is the group that I fall into). I have two dozen domains set up with Google Apps for email, but...
I don't know. I think this is getting crazy. Call me a "light" user... after 10 years of iTunes, I still only have only 3,000 songs in my library, well below the iTunes Match limit that I'm paying for. That said, iTunes Match has given me plenty of grief... (a) songs disappearing because they are no longer available from iTunes as a purchase, (b) constantly having to sign in again in the iTunes app, (c) streaming not working at all for days from my mobile devices. While I...