or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

I can see it now... fumbling around in the dark, half asleep, wanting a midnight snack... accidentally press the button for something, and wake up the next morning with an order receipt. :P 
Interesting idea, but wow!, do we ever live in a wasteful, ever-increasly-lazy society.
I was able to type so fast on those older MBP keyboards! I liked the cushiony feel, I guess.
It took me a while to adapt to Apple's "chicklet" keyboard... same thing, less key travel, but it seems they continued to tweak the feel of the keyboard. On my 2013 MacBook Air, it feels just right. I still have my old 2007 MacBook Pro, and I do miss the feel of those keys... my fingertips would rest in the nice dips. I'm just disappointed by the left-and-right arrow keys. I wish they would've retained the reverse-T shape, but I guess usability testing took them the other...
Power can only flow in one of the two directions. Video can flow out while power flows in OR out. So, being connected to a hub would let you have your monitor connected while juicing up the laptops.
 Bluetooth and WiFi are independent of each other, separate radios, so that would be 4 ports. :)
It's insane was companies can get away with charging for merchandise these days. Every step along the distribution path doubles the price. The shirt was probably made for $5.00.
I think the word "Outage" is being overused these days with regards to Apple online services.
I think this is awesome. Some guy or gal wanted to have some fun. It's a conversation starter, and even made the news. That's gotta count for something.
Processor architecture began to achieve better performance when scaled horizontally instead of vertically. Increasing the clock speed is a vertical approach. Adding more processors, or what we now called "cores", is the horizontal approach. Computing tasks can be split up and processed by multiple processor cores at once, and the results are combined together much faster than passing that same task through a single processor.