or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

In many Asian countries, including Philippines, there's a belief that anyone older than 30 will have a very difficult time finding jobs. Only young people get the jobs.
I'm not sure quite what to make of this. The reporter is painting the picture that Apple is forcing these people to work 60+ hours, but it's the factory managers, not Apple. If indeed this is true, then the factory is accountable to Apple, as well as the workers.   Are these workers really being _forced_ to work this many hours or are they choosing to in order to make as much money as possible? They are employed... why are they complaining? Biting the hand that feeds...
Canada finally went down to 2-year contracts instead of the bank-robbing 3-year contracts that they were on. Next up, carriers are required to reduce price plans after the device's value has been paid. Finally.   If anything, the carriers were at fault more than Apple.
It's so amusing watching this gong-show happening with Apple's competitors... haha!   Thank You Steve for creating an intelligent, competent company, while your competitors scramble for the scraps (of profits).
Exactly! It's suits like this that just waste time and cost money needlessly. The digital music world is a better place largely because of Apple! And the world is not being polluted with as many plastic disks that contain a dozen or fewer songs.
99¢ was the sweet spot for me for songs. When they price went to $1.25 in the Canadian store, I stopped buying music. I know that albums come with a good per-song price, but sometimes I just want a single song. I guess the margins are already too tight to be donating to such causes.
 Not really worth arguing over since I only said "weak", not "terrible", "horrible", or anything truly cataclysmic. Just a few small areas that need some improvements that weren't present in previous versions of OS X.
Why do you need to be rude? I expressed my experience based on 24 YEARS of using the Mac, beginning with System 6.0.8. Since my laptop is in front of me up to 20 hours per day (I'm a self-employed software engineer), even the smallest details can make a huge impact in my productivity. One example is that the application switcher looks absolutely horrible on a white-grey background... the translucent background material is barely even visible, so the app icons don't stand...
Yosemite is weak in the interface design department, but functionally it's just as good as Mavericks, aside from any bugs that aren't affecting me. I think people need to remember that bugs can vary from machine to machine, depending on the model. My Mid-2013 MacBook Air runs flawlessly.
I don't see anywhere that Corning claims the glass is "harder", as AI's headline suggests. Did I miss that? Yes, it's stronger and more resistant to drop damage, but is it actually "harder"?