or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

For an educational institutional, a multi-platform approach should've always been in play. Selecting one platform for all is as bad as them choosing Windows only for the purpose of streamlining the IT management. Now to drop iPads and only use Google and Microsoft platforms.... I fail to see how that will correct any mistakes. The problem was never with the devices, it's with the people managing the implementation of the devices. The people in charge should've been...
I consider it my ignorance, but I'm anti-Union, as well because employees abuse their "protective blanket", demanding higher wages while working less, knowing they are protected against being fired or bumped out by a more qualified coworker that was hired after them. Unless seniority can be left out of the union equation?
Agreed. I hope the trackpad always has a tactile 'click' to it. I actually preferred the dedicated button below the trackpad. I quite often second-guess myself when clicking the trackpad these days.
USB 3.1 Type-C definitely seems like a well-designed port. Let's just hope they have truly future-proofed it so we're not going through this again in 5 years. The constant changing of ports is so wasteful.   One must wonder where Lightning fits in all of this. Will it remain a proprietary port on iOS devices? I suspect so, unless USB 3.0 has the same validation tech built into it.
Why does this feel like a pre-Christmas commercial? Was it late to air?
And how many people lost their jobs due to "cost cutting"? This is disgusting.
 @mpantone... I need to ask... who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? Your posts are disturbingly negative.
If this is trueI would have some sympathy for you if you didn't start out by complaining that they didn't offer Black Friday discounts. Is it possible that the entitlement mentality that has overtaken the American population in the last two decades is forcing Apple to make some hard decisions about how the run *their* business? If your story is true, then I hope that Apple gives their head a shake, but I definitely won't be believing you until I see more proof.
In many Asian countries, including Philippines, there's a belief that anyone older than 30 will have a very difficult time finding jobs. Only young people get the jobs.
I'm not sure quite what to make of this. The reporter is painting the picture that Apple is forcing these people to work 60+ hours, but it's the factory managers, not Apple. If indeed this is true, then the factory is accountable to Apple, as well as the workers.   Are these workers really being _forced_ to work this many hours or are they choosing to in order to make as much money as possible? They are employed... why are they complaining? Biting the hand that feeds...