or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Very cool!
The author says that Apple has been tacking on an "S"... "every other model"... iPhone iPhone 3G iPhone 3GS iPhone 4 iPhone 4S iPhone 5 Unless I'm mistaken, they've only done this twice, so why the overblown reaction? Nobody knows what the next version will be called, but I think the "S" models are perfectly acceptable iterations of the existing model. Maybe a different monikor is needed, but not a full increment of the model number for every reason.
Thanks for the link to the Blink info. Your subtle hint to read before commenting is taken. hahaha. It was very informative, and feels like WebKit will benefit from the work that Blink does. There can be a sharing of advances in both directions. Blink gives the Google engineers the freedom to make major changes. But my concern about WebKit's base of developers suddenly being halved in size is worrying still.
I love and hate this announcement. Love it because it will drive innovation, but hate it because it may have a serious impact on the continued evolution of WebKit. How will work done on Blink make its way into WebKit and vice-versa, or is this another splitting of the ways for Google? If Google was already one of the largest contributors to WebKit (so most likely all of those people will be moving to Blink), why did it become too complicated for them? Didn't they have the...
The initial release of Safari used a closed-source version of WebKit, not open-sourced as it eventually became. That's the difference.
Yes, both AppleInsider and MacRumors have been posted questionable, half-assed articles lately. Seems they want to share anything in the rumor mill, no matter how poorly researched and written it is. Anybody can make any claim. It should be up to online publications like AI to filter out the junk, rather than just regurgitating it for ad revenue.
Just the browser plug-in is blocked. MacRumors had a misleading title, and now AppleInsider has spread the same misinformation.
Thunderbolt was poised as an "optical" cable solution, so it's very interesting to see optical USB be released. Just yesterday I was arguing that optical was an advantage for Thunderbolt over USB when distance was a factor. Still is to an extent, but not nearly as much now.
  You don't think that all code changes are vetted by at least two programmers and testing is done? You seem to have a negative view on programmers in general.
  You have "Administrator" next to your handle, but the above statement contradicts that. I make a living off of making software. I have my own software company.