or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

AGREED!   $50 for a "feature" that should have been part of the machine's design from the start. Inexcusable!
 It's too early to know for sure, but the new Photos app, coming next year, may be simple enough for consumers and powerful enough for professionals. Why maintain two separate applications if a single well-designed application can serve both markets? It's a question worth waiting for. 
 But participating in iTunes Festival is a choice. Artists either accept the terms or they don't. Increased promotion at iTunes results in increased sales, which is cash in their pocket, so they are being paid in cash, just indirectly. It's not like Apple is asking them to perform for nothing, and it's not like Apple is pocketing ticket fees. It's a free concert. Apple and iTunes are major forces that re-energized the music industry, creating many very rich artists. Why...
They are being paid. Why does currency have to be cash?
I'm waiting for the day when there's only a single camera module with both front and back-facing lens, taking advantage of the full width of the phone body. Physical mirrors inside could control which lens was "active".
Why isn't Apple's service status page showing any problems? That is my question.
Improvements to Skype are welcome. It has always felt clunky to me, with recent versions feeling less clunky. File transfers are still very weak, but the addition of syncing 'read' status across devices is a huge plus! Viber still needs that.
I thought one of the reasons for iTunes Radio was to provide convenient "Buy Now" option of the music that's playing. How does that work with these third-party stations?
Imagine a flat, super-light, and thin Lightening cable. No more twisted-sheath problems. This will not replace the traditional audio jack, at least for several generations, but does set the stage for an entirely new breed of headset and other body accessories.
During the Keynote, it appeared like the menubar was completely flat, but in the above screenshot, it appears to still have a bit of a bowed, gradient appearance. I wonder what the difference is? (and aren't these articles read by a second person before posting? The typos are inexcusable)