or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

At least it's not called "Apple iWork", "Apple iWork Keynote.app", or "Apple Keynote.app".
Neither. Nice try though. To me, it's just common sense. All the bitching about Apple not supporting 3rd-party apps on the iPhone has been spun as if Apple is against the idea. They're not. They're just rolling out their product according to their product roll-out plans. That doesn't include 3rd-party apps at this stage.
Create a mock Applications folder and put it wherever you want. You can even copy over the icon from the standard Applications folder so it looks the same. Then create subfolders in there, however you please. Lastly, put aliases (ie. shortcuts) inside those folders for your applications.- you don't need to move any of the real applications- you can "organize" your applications however you please- drop the mock Applications folder into the Dock to have a popup menuNow, with...
My favorite part: "Dear Adobe, I know you make Photoshop. Don't call my Photoshop "Adobe Photoshop," and please don't stuff it inside an "Adobe Photoshop" folder. Anyone who knows how to transverse folders to install a plugin can probably also handle doing a Show Package Contents. Just give me a Photoshop icon. We're Mac users, remember? We don't need a Programs Folder so messed up that the operating system warns us not to peruse it, as Windows does, expecting that we...
Fair enough. There's probably hundreds in development, though. :-)
Actually, I do think that. Apple is burning on all cylinders, running more efficiently than most tech companies in the world. They are turning out ground-breaking products (hardware and software) every few months. They are their own best competitors. Name one other tech company that continues to redefine their own products rather than just releasing lackluster mediocre upgrades.Apple has clearly stated, in public, that AppleTV is a "hobby" right now. That's confirmation...
You'll notice I didn't say it wasn't _possible_ for the iPhone (or iPod touch) to support applications. There are hundreds available today. What I did say was (paraphrasing myself) "when Apple was in a _position_ to support them". There's a huge difference between _providing_ and _supporting_ such features on a device. Just think of all the training and technical resources needed at Apple's end. This is not just a technical issue, but an infrastructure one. Check your own...
Complaining about iPhone's lack of support for native apps is really getting tiring. From the very first moment that Apple unveiled the iPhone, they described it as 3 things:1) a phone2) an iPod3) an Internet CommunicatorNowhere have they said that it's a PDA or general-purpose computing platform. Sure, it would be nice if native apps were supported out of the gate, but most people really don't have a clue just how complex that device is. Apple will support native apps...
The happy face defines the Mac. Period. I would hate to see it disappear. AppleInsider, what do you suggest they replace it with?
I've given a lot of thought to the transparency they've added to the menubar, and my conclusion is that it actually makes sense. 1. We know the menubar is at the top of the screen. That's obvious. 2. When compared to pre-10.5 interfaces, it becomes clear that menubar adds visual clutter to the workspace. Making it transparent helps it to disappear into the background without detracting from its usefulness. See Point #1. I think as people use 10.5, they'll grow to prefer...