or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Software can be really complex, especially when it behaves unpredictably. Please save us from your temper tantrums next time. None of us know what Apple's action on this has been thus far, except that they've acknowledged the issue and are working on it.
I agree. The current title is open to misinterpretation.I don't quite understand what "flaw" they are referring to, though. Can someone elaborate for me?
The real disservice for users was done by news outlets (such as AppleInsider) that reported the "fact" that Apple re-enabled Time Machine backups to Airport Disks, when in fact, that was never the case. Before and after the recent Airport update, I was able to choose Airport Disks without any problems, as long as they were mounted. Nothing has changed in this respect. Over at MacDailyNews, they even went so far as to try and build up their case that this "feature" was the...
If you're a tab-loving junky, you can switch on the option to "always show the tab bar". I do that with every Safari I use..
The reference to Firewire as a requirement only has to do with the fact that the architecture of the hardware changed when Firewire was introduced. Firewire isn't needed to run Safari.
Just double-click in the tab bar. Boom!
Basically, she wants to lay claim to money that he _will_ make in the future. That's just ridiculous in my mind, too.
Excel spreadsheets saved as web pages? You're kidding right? Have you ever looked at the HTML source code generated by those MS products, particularly MS Word? Have you ever looked at the source code of an email composed in MS Word? No wonder Safari isn't handling that very well... the code is a complete nightmare with lots of proprietary MS code.
Just because the navigation menus on Intellicast's website don't work properly in Safari (they are rendered horizontally), that doesn't necessarily equate to a problem with Safari. The developers of the site are obviously using a non-standard technique that just so happens to work properly in other browsers, or CSS values are slightly off. Browsers should _not_ bend over backwards to accommodate improper html composition.
Most people don't do any backups at all. Most people now have more than one computer in their home. Time Machine and Time Capsule making backing up data easy for the average person. There, some enlightenmen for ya. TM and TC obviously aren't designed for geeks like you.