or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Go with WPA instead of WEP. Better security, shorter key.
Airport Express. Plug it into the Ethernet and then you're wireless. No wired dongle needed.
Unfortunately, this little number gets repeated now and again. The truth is that there was no law that covered the downloading of digital content until last year. When the press was circulating about this, people got it into their heads that this made it legal somehow, but it was simply a loophole and never made it "right". The laws have since been rectified and it is illegal to download commercial content. It has always been illegal to upload commercial content, since...
Once this is a real product, traditional keyboards and mice will look archaic, and Windows PCs will still use them. The Mac will, once again, lead the pack for how human-computer interaction should be. Ah, the dreams of Star Trek continue to make their way into real life.
Yes, but are your complaints still valid after this update, and the OS updates released this week?
This undoubtably illustrates just how forward-thinking Apple is under the leadership of Steve Jobs. It takes but one man to say how things are going to be. A man with values and principles. A man with vision. Four years ago, Steve stood on stage and unveiled the iTunes Music Store, saying that it is designed to compete with the most lucrative competitor of all... peer-to-peer file sharing. They were relentless in their pursuit of keeping that easy-to-use model at the...
Thickness, weight, and battery life are three other factors that affect portability. 13 inches would be the mininum screen size that's I'd want. That's for sure.
Don't drag the Applications icon from the sidebar of a Finder window. That's just a shortcut itself. You need to drag the *real* Applications icon located at the root of your hard drive.
I think this would mark the beginning of Mac OS X being distributed on flash thumb drives. Wouldn't that be cool? Booting from a flash drive. Is that even possible right now? I don't think so. It would be another edge on the competition.
I use my optical drive about 1 day a month. I wouldn't miss it, so long as there was an external solution available.