or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Agreed. My first computer was a Mac SE and an ImageWriter dot-matrix printer. Price: $4000 Today's computers are cheap price-wise. People shouldn't be afraid of anything less than $2K for a decent computer.
I found the MacBook keyboard to be very comfortable and easy to adjust to. I was typing just as fast within a few minutes.
No kidding. There are two other spelling/grammatical errors in that ad, as well. I've already sent them feedback through the website. Let's see how long it takes them to fix something so obvious. Just sad.
I'm sure the Flash plugin runs on the iPhone, but if you haven't noticed, Flash on a Mac is a major CPU hog. What a Windows PCs seems to handle without any effort, the Mac struggles along, all the while keeping its CPU cool by accelerating the fan. That would drain the iPhone's battery way too quickly (not a fan, but the CPU usage). I bet Apple engineers are rewriting the Flash plugin to be small and efficient on the OS X platform. If so, I have no doubt it will benefit...
I purchased Avril's "Girlfriend" song (and the video) because I thought it sounded really original and stood out in today's mix of rock music. It's a shame it's so similar to a song from 1977. And Avril didn't even write it? That sucks. I wanna be your boyfriend -- by the Rubinoos
Apple is also not geeking out the image of the iPhone by calling it a "smart phone". That would attract a very specific target audience. They are going broader. For example, how any teenagers would buy a Blackberry? Not many. However, I run into lots of business people that buy them. The iPhone is going to clean house. That should scare Motorola. It's about time, too.
The major difference between most cell phones and the iPhone is that the iPhone (like the Blackberry) defines a whole new genre of phones, establishing itself as a platform. Apple is going to do the same thing with the iPhone that they did with the iPod. It's already happening, as shown by the numerous 3rd-party accessories available on launch day. Future versions: - iPhone mini - iPhone nano - iPhone shuffle (okay, maybe not) :-) Hmmm, the "iPhone metro"... that...
gawd, I hope the lineups are how AT&T expects them to be. It'll be horrible if nobody shows up.
Hardly lackluster. Leopard is a giant leap forward for the Mac OS. There's only so much one company can handle at one time, though. I appreciate all the amazing work that Apple engineers are accomplishing, and in the timeframe they're doing it in. The iPhone is going to rock. I just wish they'd include Canada in their launch. \
I agree with the inconsistent keyboard navigation (in dialog boxes). iTunes is particular annoyance for me. I *really* want to see this addressed, and hope that Leopard puts this issue to bed. I don't agree that Apple is focusing more on their Windows apps than Mac apps. That's plainly unfounded. If you follow the development of the WebKit.org project (the engine in Safari), they work on both platforms equally. Updates for their apps tend to come out simultaneously for Mac...