or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

In a few years, we'll probably have the 9th or 10th generation of the iPod family... it's moving that fast. I think Apple is on top of the market, the entire market, and creating new ones with each release.
Have you actually used an eMac? The screens are amazing. Flat, crisp, bright. Top quality next to standard PC monitors (which I use daily). We all thought it was ugly, but it grew on us (I think I speak for most). Apple created it to meet a demand placed upon them by the educational market (after they announced the death of CRT). It served its purpose will, and for that, it was a notable product. Onwards and upwards, though.
You speak is if the problem affects everyone. It just may be an issue on your computer. iTunes 5.0 didn't deliver nearly the number of new features that I was expecting. I think they don't want to rock the boat too much or people might fall off. "It's floating great, just leave it".
Promised? I think you're confused between rumors and announcements.
The majority of consumers buy a phone to make phone calls. They buy a toaster to make toast, but oddly, they buy these multifunction printer/scanner/faxes to print documents. The extra features rarely get used. Convergence devices have their place, but not in the mainstream mindset. (remember, I said "majority" -- there are always exceptions)
I'd like to see some pictures. Let's see 'em folks!
Remarkable viewpoint, and I believe it. Truly an inspiring company.
That's correct. Checked the specs "2MB or 4MB flash drive". How does it qualify as a drive, as opposed to being flash memory?
For Apple to "rethink" the cellphone, which may or may not be the case (Motorola claims this new generation replaces "what used to be known as a cellphone"), they should make it 802.11-aware. Imagine being able to make IP phone calls, connect to your iChat account with video conversations, etc. with this phone from any public access point, without any airtime fees. Now, that would be a wicked and useful phone, even at home.
You have any idea what a huge and expensive support issue that would become? There's no way they'd be able to make money with people phoning in because their copy of OS X is having trouble on some custom-built hardware. Apple wants to sell hardware, plain and simple. OS X is the software that powers that hardware.