or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Is the fingerprint sensor the only way to unlock an Android phone now, or does the traditional passcode still work? I think it's the latter so there is no "have to" with regards to the fingerprint sensor. But I wouldn't know because I'm Apple all the way, Not sure where you gleaned an assumption that I was anti-Apple?   That's what's odd here.
 Well, there *is* somewhere else to put it... on the screen itself. It is a transparent surface... the scanner could be just below it in some creative way. :)
 This is one of those "can't win" scenarios. If Google put the fingerprint sensor in the same place as iPhone, then everybody would claim they are copying. So they put it on the back and now it's "odd" to need to lift the phone to use it? Just set the "lock timeout" to be much longer and then you won't need to unlock it as often, right? I guess I just don't see the concern around its placement. I'm glad it's not the same as the iPhone.
   The fingerprint sensor on the back-middle is not a bad design, it's just different. If you hold the phone in your hand, it's easy to place one of your fingers onto it. Contrary, the iPhone's sensor is better suited for scanning the thumb when held in the hand, right? I'm just surprised that suddenly all of these iPhone competitors are getting fingerprint sensors with very little discussion around how secure they are? Apple made a big deal about how secure their scanner...
Neat. Now to plant more greenery.
The poor guy doing the video sounded exhausted. No chance of a Take Two when recording? 
That would be optical "transceivers", not just transmitters. To transmit means to send. Combine that with receive, and you have "transceive".... two-way communications.
You'd better watch what you say!     
I think Apple's made this decision to support ad blockers because the entire ecosystem around web advertising is flawed. Here we are in a sea of ads surrounding content. MacDailyNews is a prime example of a site where each page is 10% content and 90% advertising. That's just wrong, but they claim that it's necessary. I, for one, have started blocking ad hosts though my /etc/hosts file, and I don't miss them at all. It makes for a more pleasant browsing experience where...
 If you read my post again, you'll see I said "If not"... so it's not an actual criticism. I was stating how I *would* feel if it wasn't supported. I don't have an iOS 9 device to try it out on. Next time, why not just be a good sport and answer my question. Just a thought. :)