or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

GitHub was also experiencing issues. Could there be a broader attack on big players? DNS is crucial to the operation of today's internet. It never used to be that way, though.
 Why would they waste their time supporting industry standards when they can continue to push their own "standard" - Exchange... ?
 Because Google doesn't care about your use of existing apps. We all _demand_ innovation from these tech companies, and Google is more focused on the next big announcement they can make rather than just cleaning up what they have now. 
I've got an iCloud IMAP account and 5 Google Apps-hosted (Gmail-based) IMAP accounts. This problem does not affect me very much. Messages seem to arrive properly - unless I first receive them in another email client, such as on my phone. If I receive an email on my phone, the message does not appear immediately on my Mac in every case. That's where the frustration comes from. Other than that, this problem is minimal for me.
  Yah, that's the effect of today's "instant, always-on, right-now, me-too" world that we live in. I don't think there's anything wrong with borrowing ideas from competitors to improve products. The only time there is a problem is when the entire product matches a competitors. That's where this whole "who ripped off who" mental-attack started. Google and Samsung *are* guilty of ripping off entire implementations, but I think the world has evolved past that now. 
 I always thought that Apple used Synaptics' technology, but apparently not. They went from using Cirque's GlidePoint in the first PowerBooks to their own trackpad tech. I must say, I have yet to use a PC notebook with a trackpad as good as every Mac that I've ever used. Nothing compares.
Yup, it seems that Apple is giving away free stuff for free as "gifts". I'm not complaining, but only observing that this seems rather cheap on Apple's, if that's the case. I hope that I'm wrong.
Don't get greedy now. Free is free. Although if this was indeed free beforehand then it's kinda low since then Apple is using the term "gift" in a purely self-promotion, self-marketing fashion, and that would be a low-blow to loyal customers.
 That's like saying that stealing gas will help to sell cars. haha
 Aren't you just Mr. Principles. :-) I will say that the people that I've talked to that jailbreak their devices admittedly do so to obtain free apps that they otherwise would have to pay for. Sad, but that's the truth. People are cheap and will cut corners to save a buck any way they can. I'm not saying that's representative of everyone, but the jailbreak community is no better than the BitTorrent and former Napster communities. People feel entitled to anything digital...