or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Not liking the gray buttons everywhere, though. What happened to nice and visible aqua "default" button that activates when pressing Return or Enter?
Bravo!! But this feels like Windows all over again. The general population is happy with "good enough". As technology improves, the difference between Apple's offering and the competition will become narrower and narrower (feature-wise). At the end of the day, the user experience will continue to be the reason to choose Apple.
You know you can change that, right?
Actually, there's a very good reason -- Apple has been innovating long before Google even existed, and Apple's real competitor is Apple itself. They must outdo themselves. The fact that they are outdoing Microsoft and Google on product quality and user experience is merely a side-effect of their own high standard. They are not compelled by third-party competition to perform and achieve excellence. It's in their own DNA.
I came across the PERFECT description of Android, by President Jimmy Carter from 1979:Wow. Doesn't that just brilliantly describe Android? And the use of the word "immobility"... haha, so perfect. Read the full speech here:http://www.historyplace.com/speeches...confidence.htm
Apple (aside from Steve and other former Apple employees) was not involved with NeXT in any way when Berners-Lee successfully developed a working version of HTTP on NeXT hardware. This happened well before Apple bought NeXT in 1997. From Wikipedia:What's is interesting is just how deeply Steve has impacted the world, not just in consumer devices, but in areas like bringing the WWW to the public. Would Berners-Lee had been [as] successful/inspired if HyperCard and the NeXT...
I generally don't do hacks, so I'm not going to try this, but is it launching the native Settings app and taking you straight to a sub-section, or is this HTML-based versions of those sub-sections? Does this mean that the sub-sections are referenceable using special URLs? That would make sense.
What a great tribute to Steve.
It's very sad, but Steve would've wanted all of us to live. Don't let another day go by without doing something positive. No death that I've experienced has touched me as deeply as Steve's and none have given me the clarity about my own life that I now have. I am going to stop letting the years slip away and I'm going to chase my dreams harder than ever. That's what Steve did and he's been my inspiration. Thanks Steve. You are missed, but never forgotten.
Agreed. Saying No is just as important as saying Yes. Steve told us so. :-)