or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

Cute commercial. Despite Samsung's questionable business practices with regards to piggybacking off of Apple, they sure are serious about being serious! And they are definitely operating at a much quicker rate than Apple, which does give them an edge.
Hit-whore article title, sadly. I hope Tim continues to perform well for the next decade. Apple was so exciting with Steve at the helm, a certain magic existed. A bit of that shine is lost for me, but I don't blame it on change in management. I do hope that Apple keeps the fire burning hot and continues to surprise us year after year with amazing products.
  It wasn't a "big blow" dealt to them by Apple. They changed the specs of the device after Lightning was announced, and then whined and cried because they weren't actually allowed to do that according to the new Lightning guidelines. To cancel the project suddenly because of that and then blame Apple was a childish tactic to get publicity. Nothing more. Apple was the mature one and updated the guidelines to allow "changing" accessories to have both types of connectors....
Siminoff seems like a goof to me. The device does have two USB ports on the bottom, accommodating the existing USB-to-Lightning cables that people would already have. This was clearly a publicity stunt to get more attention to the device. Yes, it helped to "mature" the guidelines for Lightning, but it was still nothing more than a stunt. People that have contributed their money to this project should let Siminoff know that his tactics and attitude are pathetic.
I wonder if the orientation of the building is chosen to minimize or maximize solar absorption?
The test page set up by AppleInsider does indeed re-enable JavaScript. Note that you need to reload the Safari Settings page to see the changed state of the toggle switch.
  Not just any page with JavaScript will turn it back on... only those with a Smart App Banner do. Clearly the underlying system that detects whether a Banner needs to be displays also re-enabled JavaScript in order to do so, but forgets to disable it again after the banner has been displayed. It could be that if JavaScript were disabled, the banner wouldn't function. Catch-22.   But this is really not a serious bug... probably 99% of people don't even disable JavaScript,...
$40 for a cable is painful, but if the pricing is part of Apple's tactic to ensure that only quality, well-designed products make it to market, then I applaud them. I know I was left confused and concerned by the array of unapproved 3rd-party 30-pin based devices and cables available at retail. For the relatively few that I tried, there were incompatibilities between them. I'm hoping that Lightening's implementation is consistent across the board from the very start for...
  Don't worry. I'll write to AppleInsider and every other publication and inform them not to write headlines that get people to read them. /sarcasm   Now, it is well-known that Apple is trying to reduce its reliance on Google as much as possible, so the headline is appropriate, because that's what the story is about, no?
  You need to relax.   M is "mega" in SI lingo. MM is the financial abbreviation, meaning 1000x1000.   This is a monetary figure of $525,000,000, so from a financial context, MM is correct, but as previously mentioned, saying $525M is not incorrect, just a different unit for the same thing. :)