or Connect

Posts by coolfactor

You need to relax.   M is "mega" in SI lingo. MM is the financial abbreviation, meaning 1000x1000.   This is a monetary figure of $525,000,000, so from a financial context, MM is correct, but as previously mentioned, saying $525M is not incorrect, just a different unit for the same thing. :)
  Wow, I'm impressed! Still dragging that "Microsoft saved Apple" BS around, eh?       And as for Microsoft representing the "open" world... no.... that's off-topic. We won't go there.  
  What does this even mean? Maps is built on an extensible architecture that other developers can tie into. Are you saying there's no search functionality in their implementation? Can you reword your statement? And Siri as a search engine? Huh? lol
I'm seeing the same thing for my [Canadian] account.
What people forget about USB is that it's not a universal "connector", but a universal "bus". The myriad of USB connections just boggles my mind. There should be one standard size and one micro size, that's it. Not the 6 or 7 different variations that currently exist. Apple develops its own dock connector so that it can manage the design and keep it simple. But even that hasn't been perfect over the past 10 years. The new dock connector will hopefully address the past...
  Well, it's been *accepted* that "PC" specifically refers to a "personal computer running Windows", not Linux, not Mac OS, but Windows. Yes, it also stands for the more generic phrase "Personal Computer", but that's not what we're talking about here.   When speaking of "Personal Computers", yes tablets are more personal than boxy-desktop or laptop computers ever were, so it's an ironic situation. But you need to look at the meaning behind both Steve Jobs' statement and...
  Because it has value? Do you feel everything "on-line" should be free because it's digital? Does holding something physical in your hand make you feel better about handing over cash for it?
        Yup, this is definitely NOT a feature of Safari under iOS 5, so the author must be confused.
Ripped off? Who created this platform? lol
  In this day and age, my car should not have got a flat tire!