or Connect

Posts by Fran441

Still having this problem if anyone has any ideas.
I don't have time to make a full post now, but I can tell you that I don't expect Apple to ever include anything more than integrated graphics in the MacBook line. Also, I think your specs are very optomistic, for example:Right now, Apple's 15" 2.16 GHz MacBook Pro has: - 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo - 1 GB of RAM - 6x SuperDrive Dual Layer - 120GB Hard Drive - 128 MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - $1999 So for $500 less, you get the same size screen, a processor that's only 160 MHz...
My Titanium PowerBook G4 is having an issue with powering on from boot or sleep while on battery power. The computer will try and boot up until it tries to power on the LCD and then it will immediately shut down. When the computer is on and running, I can unplug it and use the battery without issue, the only problem is when I'm trying to boot up or wake the machine up from sleep. The battery is brand new, I just replaced it, and the problem didn't go away. Any thoughts?
I own a PS3 so I have Blu-Ray and I also own a Xbox 360 with the external HD-DVD drive. So I have access to both formats and so far, I don't see either format doing more than the other to get my money. The last HD movie I bought was The Departed. I had the option of buying the movie for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD and while initially I went for the Blu-Ray version, I realized that the HD-DVD version was on a hybrid disc, one side was HD and the other side was the normal DVD. When...
That must be one heck of a backpack if you're looking to buy a computer that will fit the bag, instead of buying a bag that will fit the computer. Are you doing your editing on the laptop screen or on an external monitor hooked up to the laptop? One of the main complaints I've heard from people about the current MacBook pro line is that Apple still doesn't have a laptop that can handle true HD resolutions, mainly 1920x1080. Maybe things will change when Apple is ready to...
I don't see an 'ultralight' Mac laptop coming any time soon for a few different reasons. First of all, I doubt Apple whould ship a machine without an internal optical drive. You're not going to get a laptop under 2.2 lbs (or even close to that) with an internal optical drive. For reference, the 12" PowerBook G4 weighed in at 4.6 lbs. The Asus also shaves weight off by using 2 different batteries, a smaller screen, and apparently a smaller power supply. I just don't...
I doubt Apple will include a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive in anything other than the Mac Pro any time soon.
I think there are quite a few of us waiting for a new MacBook Pro but looking at the Core 2 Duo line, I don't think we're going to see any drastic changes, possibly a speed bump to 2.4 GHz if Intel does release the T7800. The main thing to remember is that the Pro Laptop line hasn't seen a major redesign since the PowerBook G4 was first announced in January of 2001. Yes, there was the switchover from the TiBooks to the Aluminum PowerBooks but that wasn't a major...
I have some mixed feelings about CompUSA closing. The CompUSA where I used to live was the only place around to see new Macs when they came out. In fact, if it wasn't for CompUSA, I would have had to drive 90 minutes to get anything for the Mac before the original iMac was released. Then there is the CompUSA near where I live now. It's the complete opposite of the one near my old house. The sales people don't know what they are talking about, prices are outrageously...
Please keep discussion here limited to speculation about tomorrow's announcements. CONFIRMED posts with no real content are not appreciated.