or Connect

Posts by Fran441

If Apple releases an iPhone tomorrow, I'll probably buy one. My contract with Sprint is up (I have a really old and basic cell phone right now) and I wouldn't mind being able to switch since Sprint's coverage is pretty poor in my area. It all depends on features and price though. If the iPhone costs more than $500, I probably won't pick one up. I'm still undecided about iTV. The only other things I'm looking forward to on the horizon, or things that Apple could get me...
I agree with everything said above. As far as I'm concerned, it's not worth buying a Mac laptop without AppleCare. It's too important not to get. As a result, do everything you can to make sure you don't void that warranty. Hard drive upgrades aren't a big deal, but one small mistake during installation can ruin a very expensive computer. It won't be free to get it installed by a service center, but it's probably worth it for the peace of mind.
After reading a posting on MacNN, I started thinking about the quality of the PowerBooks I've owned over the years. Most people will say that they've owned their Macs for years with no problems and they usually outlast the 'life' of a typical PC by at least several years. With the desktop Macs, there's little doubt in my mind that it is true. But when I look at the PowerBooks I've owned, I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't built to last more than a few years now....
It was a big day for Democrats nationally on Tuesday but no bigger statement was made than in New Hampshire. Remember that NH was the only state that went from Red to Blue, voting for Bush over Gore in 2000 but Kerry over Bush in 2004. This year, Republicans in the state were stunned to wake up on Wednesday to find: *In District 1, Jeb Bradley (R) had been defeated by Carol Shea-Porter (D). Every poll had Bradley comfortably ahead of Carol Shea-Porter who wasn't...
California might not get to see the candidates in the primaries as much as New Hampshire does but New Hampshire doesn't see the candidates after our primary, despite being a 'swing state'. The nominees, on the other hand, live in the big states like California, Texas, Florida, Ohio, etc., so there's a balance there. California gets more than it's due, especially when the general election is going to be a close race. The only one pushing for change here is Howard Dean....
As many people know, New Hampshire is traditionally the first state in the nation to hold it's Presidential Primary and Iowa is the first state to hold a caucus. Most of the candidates support the tradition and process but the Democratic Party has decided to ignore this tradition and has decided that Nevada should hold a caucus days after Iowa and that South Carolina should have it's primary days after New Hampshire. People in New Hampshire and Iowa take their...
Waiting is horrible when you buy a new computer, but let's not forget that people actually have some of these Mac Pros in hand and it looks like Apple will deliver by the quoted times. It's good to finally see a new line of Mac Towers out that can actually be delivered in some configurations on day one. Flash back to 7 years ago. Remember the launch of the G4 back in August of 1999? People went crazy waiting for those Macs. These boards had threads over 100 pages long...
Logitec in Japan has a Blu-Ray drive that is Mac compatible but you're looking at spending about $1200 for one. As for HD-DVD burners, I haven't seen a Mac compatible drive yet but I'm guessing there will be some on the market in the next few months. It's obvious that Apple intends to offer one of these types of HD drives in the future. After all, there's a second drive bay just sitting there waiting to be used, it just looks like the actual drives just weren't ready...
It is added.
I put Windows XP Home on my 2.16 GHz Mac Mini using Boot Camp and it runs very well. I'm only using it for games and a couple of other small apps. You cannot load Windows XP Media Center Edition using Boot Camp but you might be able to get it to work with one of the other boot loaders. It's really a tossup though as the other loaders I've found seem to want SP2 as well.