or Connect

Posts by Peacekeeper

Let me interject some thoughts here. First of all, tripleo, it's unfortunate that you were unable to return the defective product without paying a restocking fee. I'm especially sorry that you've felt attacked here. While some members who've replied could have phrased their responses with a little more tact, I can reassure you that on the whole, Moderators and members alike here try to be as helpful as possible. Please don't think that the posters here have been...
Obviously this situation needs to be addressed so that those on both sides of the issue can feel like a just outcome is implemented for all involved. AppleOutsider, while often controversial, shouldn't be eliminated from these forums. I think the underlying problem that many are having with the environment in AO lately is two-fold:[list=1][*]Those posting negative comments about others in AO SHOULD be more respectful of others' views. While negative comments and...
Really, aquafire, let it go. Learn from this and move on.
It's probably safe to say that we all are upset at the loss of the Columbia Saturday. However, this thread HAS gotten WAY off-topic. For those upset with the use of 'God' in the image, I would recommend that you simply not use it, or eliminate the words as one user suggested. As an attempt to remain as neutral as possible in this argument, I'll offer the following words: BR, we understand that you are generally upset with the use of 'God' in governmental statements and...
[quote]Originally posted by Matsu: I'm not sure you can call something bigotry when the source of contention is as patently ridiculous as the tenets of Mormonism. That's all I'm going to say.
Let's not head down the road the previous thread did. If you all want to *reasonably* discuss the LDS religion, so be it. Let's not make it a mud-slinging, hate-perpetuating thread like the last was. The FACT is that everyone has their own...
I'm REALLY glad to see this thread has stayed thoughtful, considerate, and non-confrontational (in general). Obviously this is a very personal issue, and I just hope the feeling and consideration in this thread will permeate to future/other controversial subjects.
The point of having an "anonymous" name is for objectivity. If everyone here knows that anyone else could be Peacekeeper -- and that Peacekeeper only tries to be fair, objective, kind, and see both sides of an issue -- maybe that'll keep the boards that much "nicer." Well, my original reason for creating this thread has been resolved, so there's not much more to say here. I'll see you around.
Most of the posts on this thread show that it's much easier to be mean than kind. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. I hope you're not like this in the real world. I'll agree, Macintosh needs to be more patient, but he doesn't deserve the ridicule and bashing that he's getting. If it was me, I wouldn't put up for it for very long and just leave AI altogether. Why would anyone want to be constantly bashed like he is? Macintosh, you do need to analyze what you...
[quote]Originally posted by Brian J.: On second thought... Lately, I've been kicking around a theory that Macintosh is Peacekeeper.
Although I can see where you might come to that conclusion, try again. Better yet, don't try at all. I created "Peacekeeper" as a means to be a voice of reason when things get a bit out of hand around here. It's true, I usually post under a different name around here, but I pull this one out when I think...
Whether or not Macintosh is an "impatient whiner" is subject to personal opinion. It is NOT appropriate, however, for him to be officially labeled as such by the administration of these boards.