or Connect

Posts by madmaxmedia

Come on over! We hand you your severance package agreement when you get off the plane...
I guess they can still backpedal on the PC decision, since they haven't had a Crazy Eddie sale on those.But he's never used an iPhone.
I think after Palm's initial great success with the Pilot, they became far too inwardly focused as a 'PDA company', and missed several boats, smartphones being the last. Had they set their sights a bit wider stratetically on being the 'mobile computing' company or the 'handheld technology' company, they might have not missed mobile messaging to Blackberry, mobile music and media to iPod, and now smartphones (which they actually had a good head start with Treo but then...
While I wouldn't exactly wish good riddance to Palm, the statements about the iPhone are spot-on. After iPhone, everyone came out with their glass screen capacitance touchscreen phones. But what are companies bringing new to the table? What is next, that truly improves the user experience? I suspect we may not know, until Apple's first major rev of the iPhone. I don't necessarily wish this was the case, but I suspect it will be.
I think the bolded part alone doomed Palm regardless of advertising, promotion, and support. WebOS needed to be a lot more than what 'arguably is a really decent mobile device concept.' (and I completely agree with your statement.) Deliver a great product, and then the rest will actually be easier to deliver as well.If they had come out with webOS earlier (say when they were messing around with their customized Windows phones), they probably would have had a good chance....
Apple's iPhone ads are very effective. But that does not mean Palm should just duplicate them, because then what is Palm's message exactly- "Hey look we have apps just like iPhone!" Except they have much less apps to show. Actually, this is a good example of Palm's larger problem. When Apple succeeds it's generally due to simple, direct design, this also goes for the advertising. But Palm can't simply duplicate this, because the iPhone is already a smashing success with...
The way I read it, the article is saying that photos of the next iPhone have been in the wild, but were overshadowed by all the iPad stuff. It's not saying that the phones themselves are out and about in the wild.I think this is perfectly relevant news, if not big news. It's likely a real photo of the next iPhone. It doesn't reveal much, but whatever.
I think that's a great point, OLED is newer and isn't up to scale yet from a production standpoint. A few years back, one of Sony's last CLIE PDA's used an OLED screen and it was said to be stunning.
I don't disagree with you- from the get-go this was basically Microsoft's version of an iPod Touch. OTOH Apple's iPod was not the first mp3 player either. But Apple entered the market with the first good product, whereas the iPod Touch (and iPhone) were great products, absolute home runs- as soon as I saw the interface I thought to myself 'This is it!' Whether the Zune HD will succeed in the marketplace, we will see. I do like the design and the hardware personally, I...
I'm actually somewhat optimistic that the Zune HD will be a very nice little unit, and might have some decent apps and games.The screen looks great in the shots and videos I've seen, though of course I'm not going to draw any conclusions either way until real reviews come out and I see it live. I say 'optimistic' not because I am a MS fan, but because a little competition will be good for us consumers. I was disappointed in the last iPod rollout.