or Connect

Posts by sunilraman

All this lengthy rambling is well and good but again, did I say "Americans and Australians are morally superior"? I am highlighting the issues in Asia and am trying to make the case, however repulsive to some, of the important role developed countries have in ~preventing~ the developing country from annihilating whatever quality of human life we have left in the world.As for Europe, non-Mulsim Asians are very well aware of entire neighbourhoods surrounded to Muslim...
I know this is destined for PoliticalOutsider but since questions have been directed at me I will respond accordingly.I am a Malaysian citizen and have clocked up about 20 years in Malaysia excluding holidays "back there". As however I am non-Islamic and of non-Malay ethnicity (Chinese-Indian, for the record), I have spent all that time in subjugation and subject to more discrimination than I have ever faced in Caucasian-dominant countries. Most non-Malays in Malaysia, who...
As always, people seem fixated on my nationality, culture and ethnicity. If people don't look at my posts or location, I am a superior American. If they see Australia, they think it's not that different. Then of course, whether I am Caucasian or not, which seems to either validate or invalidate my comments. I will go on record as I have many times throughout my posts. I'll leave it for later so you can accuse me of various things. An interesting phrase I heard is that...
In Asia (no offense to Japan) I notice a common practice is you charge someone based on as much money you can make. At least in Malaysia, Thailand and China. This is why in Malaysia for example, bargaining is a very common custom, distilled in modern 21st Century form to someone asking, "Best price Bro?" as you will notice from LowYat Forums online. This of course extends to real-world bargaining for everything from a pair of socks through to a 50 billion ringgit contract....
It's Apple we're talking about here. 50% thinner is basically what Jonny Ives has for breakfast. Just remember an insane Super-1080p-HD screen at 10" was pure fantasy just a few months ago.
I would also venture that Apple Australia, in getting ready to mediate with the ACCC, is probably looking at how it can make its case for DC-HSPA+ ~as~ 4G and then just have to deal with "damages" regarding LTE confusion, then after this back-and-forth, will probably update consumer education with what's 3G, what's 3.5/4G DC-HSPA, what's 4G LTE, etc. To me, Apple and Telstra are the best local entities to enable a decent consumer experience for this 3g --> 4g transition,...
I don't think Apple Cupertino/ Apple Australia knew exactly what it was supposed to do following the iPad announcement. Prior to the ACCC sabre-rattling, I don't see anywhere Apple trying to clarify anything about it not being Telstra 4G LTE compatible, nor it being DC-HSPA+ compatible... aside from whatever small disclaimers they may have had. (Small stickers don't cut it in Australia, AFAIK).I knew it wasn't Telstra LTE compatible because of the keynote, yes, local media...
I'm sure many have done this, but try it yourself and you will know there is no way you will not want a "laptop" like this, for the rest of this decade.Take one iPad. Take another iPad. Pretend it is a laptop by "joining" them together on one edge, whereby both screens form the "inner" surface of the laptop. Boom!
Yes, there are several fronts which Apple needs to work on. The iPad can be up to 50% lighter than it is. It can be up to 50% thinner. Just throwing it out there. Slimmer, particularly lighter, is better. It is true, IMO, that Apple will not mess with the physical design much. However, the next step is to "merge" two iPads together to make the next pure-multitouch MacBook Air.Next, GPU. GPU needs to be Retina-driving - Nvidia 9600GT 2xSLI 512MB VRAM - class graphics...
Of course. In Asia there is no real such thing as separation of church/temple/mosque, state, government, judiciary, business, recreation etc. It's one big gooey Katamari. Luckily the "church/temple/mosque" part of China is not that big yet because it has been suppressed to this day by communist ideology... It's coming, when the oligarchy decides what opiate to use... If he isn't sleeping with the fishes somewhere at the bottom of the Yangtze. Not that I want that to...