or Connect

Posts by sunilraman

Very strangely, note that Telstra DC HSPA+ is NOT called 4G, even though they easily could have done so (as we've been debating). It's a stealth upgrade, maybe because they are focusing promised fast speeds for 4G LTE, and DC HSPA+ was more of a silent upgrade? Interestingly, in the coverage maps there's no way to tell whether you're on "regular 3G" or DC HSPA+. There's ongoing gripes with Telstra, but generally in the West Coast of Oz Optus and Vodafone is far, far...
That's interesting. I think when NexG was rolled out, nobody assumed it was 4G, since 4G was very rare, and they didn't call it 4G, just NexG. Then, when LTE became available in the past year, it is branded as "4G", "powered by NexG".Check out the two very different coverage maps, one for mobile, and another for "mobile broadband":http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-pho...arch/index.htmhttp://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-pho...broadband.htmlI think Telstra has dodged the bullet...
Upsell and Cross-sell is never a reliable model without a strong core revenue. Sure, the icing is nice, but the cake has gotta make some money. For years retailers got lazy depending on upsell and cross-sell to the point where they stopped making any money by, you know, selling actual stuff people want, rather than trinkets, warranties and other nonsense.
Calling all iPad Retina Interactive iBooks developers. Gentlemen, and ladies, start your engines...
After farting around for hours this morning on the forums, I think I'll finally get to proper work on an iBook. Will share the research in a dedicated thread in the iPad section of the forum if anyone's interested.
Cheers.I hope you are joking and/or not from the US otherwise this is classic American ignorance. You do realise Australia is the only decent US/Nato ally within a radius of, oh, 10,000 miles? That is, this ~quarter~ of the world? (Besides Japan of course, but seeing as one nuclear reactor could have taken out half the country, I don't think the USA should be too optimistic about them). Don't take the local's seemingly lackadaisical nature like GTR below for granted....
Brits and Europeans are somewhat less vocal about it because they have had their colonial empires and now are retreating from them, or have more or less given them up to the locals over the past 50 years. In some ways, they have "washed their hands clean" from it. They seem to play a important role in Asia but Americans are more relied upon for real social change.This is the real sickness in Asia. Imagine the destitution that a few more dollars is your best hope rather...
I'll share my perspective on this because I have been passionate about this for several years, and personally I had to bail from Malaysia and return for one final hurrah to Australia. Malaysia is considered a developing country, somewhere in the "2nd world". GDP and growth look good on paper. It is considered not "as bad" as China, even the ethnic Malaysian Chinese say they wouldn't want to work in China... My childhood friend has worked in Shanghai for about 10 years on...
Nice. I don't like paying more for gasoline/petrol, but BP (yes, evil) seems to provide a pleasant enough environment while having decent air pressure pumps too. Generally Tuesday and Wednesday are the cheapest days so I fill up then. I got a very small car (Chevy/Holden Spark) so I can get about 425km per 35L city/some freeway mixed = 12km/L = 28mpg. Which is not too bad. I pay $20 a month to Nature Conservancy US as a "carbon offset" of sorts. I've switched my...
Dear Foxconn workers, I know, as I have worked in Asia, that you would like to work as many hours as you can to improve your life and earn more money. However, there has to be limits on hours worked, so as to prevent you from getting physically and mentally ill, and to ensure that Asia continues to improve working conditions in general and attempt to reduce exploitation of workers.