or Connect

Posts by sunilraman

Correction to my mistake - 1080p is not limited to AppleTV only, in iTunes Preferences set "prefer 1080p downloads". http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4095 Note update: 1080p content is only compatible with iPad (3rd generation), Apple TV (3rd generation), and computers that meet the minimum system requirements. HD content purchased directly on iPad 2 or earlier will continue to download in 720p. You may still download the 1080p version using the Purchased page on your...
Yes.Just noticed it the other day when someone in another forum pointed it out.Indeed, it's displaying iPhone Retina on iPad exactly at native pixels at 1x and exactly doubled for 2x. Obviously Apple held back on it until the new iPad, for the usual Apple-y reasons.
To think we've gone from that to now people complaining about the iPad being "quite warm but not unberable to the touch" while it drives far more pixels than any mainstream computer ever, ever did. I think when aliens arrive people will complain, "Ah, they're not alien-y enough! Boo!"
That's a great point, and I'm sure also that's why people (including myself) notice much more warmth (but not too hot) during the day when it is sunnier and warmer, and where you need to put the brightness to max. I want a half core GPU, sounds fancy!Depends, the temperature compared to ambient temperature is of course not a linear relationship.So, finally, at the risk of sounding like a smartass, my Science degree comes in handy.Take iPad 1, 2, 3, Galaxy TabMake ambient...
Thank you. Finally, when everyone is discussing this, can everyone please specify the ambient temperatures they are using it at. Obviously the hotter the room temperature the lower the ability for the A5X and back panel of the iPad to get rid of heat. I'm sure in no time we'll have "Winter Warmer Retina" apps (mid-year for Southern Hemisphere, and updated just nicely for Winter Nothern Hemisphere) ~ look warm, get warm with the new iPad! Power company cut off your heating?...
What's ironic is that the phone guys never figured it out...
That is, average return per year after 10 years, right?
Now that is a very good point. Because, although conventionally we think of cash as "assets" and loans "liabilities", for banks it is the other way around, where the savings of others are "liabilities". Apple's cash hoard is so huge it may not be seen as a pure asset. Or perhaps it is a form of diversification, because Apple itself holding AAPL stock (how does that work?) is a savings of some sort, and Apple is making money on their own stock with their stock price going...
Could you clarify what liabilities you see? Curious.
You mean "smooth" (aka Samsung)